Has writing on HubPages changed your life for the better?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (22 posts)
  1. kennynext profile image75
    kennynextposted 13 years ago

Has writing on HubPages changed your life for the better?

Are you a different person from writing here on the Hub? How has it changed your daily life?

2. profile image0
    Love learningposted 13 years ago

Hubpages has given me a new focus in my life which i did not have before.  Writing on hubpages gives you a purpose for your work, and gives you a sense of direction eg opportunity to improve.  I havent made any money as such but in time see how it goes time will tell.

3. tnderhrt23 profile image74
    tnderhrt23posted 13 years ago

Most certainly, Hubpages has changed me and my life, in so many different ways that I could not begin to tell you here, in ways I am still discovering. I am always awed when encountering genuine talent and am continually in awe here. I have been touched and inspired to stretch, grow, heal and love on new levels that have and continue to deeply enriched my existence.

4. phoenix_028@yahoo profile image60
    phoenix_028@yahooposted 13 years ago

Yes, Hub pages  has given me an outlet for my many emotions.

5. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

Oh yes. I now have an outlet for my creativity and expression. I get to meet fellow writers and like minded people from all over the world and its kinda nice to see lots more mail in my inbox instead of spam!! smile

6. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

HP has given me an outlet for my creative writing and it has been a great place to make new friends. I consider myself a better writer because of writing on the site as I have learned quite a lot about this wonderful craft.

7. Sarah Masson profile image61
    Sarah Massonposted 13 years ago

Hubpages has been amazing for me. It has given me the opportunity to write about things that I'm interested in and get feedback from others. I'm so glad that I found it smile

8. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

Not sure about me. But it has changed may readers' life for worse!

9. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

I am a fulfilled person writing my 1 unpublished hub on hubpages. People who have already seen my 1article that is unpublished on hubpages just loves it. It comes from 100 percent referrals around the world from United states, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia, Japan, Brazil. Some of the cities are New York City, New York; San Francisco, Ca; Pelato, Brazil.

10. EmpressImani profile image59
    EmpressImaniposted 13 years ago

Having joined Hubpages, I have learnt so much from other writers here and have found that my writing has developed in so many ways, so yes, I would say that writing on Hubpages has changed my life for the better, Bless:)

11. profile image0
    Muldanianposted 13 years ago

I only joined this site three days ago, but have found many different topics of interest to me, especially in the religion and philosophy section.  I do enjoy a good debate, and as there are limited opportunities in the real world to do this, I feel I have found an outlet in hubpages.  I also find it interesting to see how differently people in different countries view certain things.

12. cloudy_cool profile image73
    cloudy_coolposted 13 years ago

It has made me realize my dream of wanted to write and get noticed!

13. Vaiebhav profile image75
    Vaiebhavposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't say it has changed my life. It has provided one more avenue to be among like-minded people, and share my ideas with them. It's an amazingly supportive family out here at HubPages.

14. What Is Q profile image74
    What Is Qposted 13 years ago

Might be too early to tell for me... But I'd have to say it's gotten me where I want to be. Writing stuff.  I'm not here for the money that's to be made on ads or whatever, but just to share and read what others have to share. When I joined HubPages, I wrote the first poem I'd written in over 7 years. The first story I'd written in 5 years. Before, I was just writing nonsense on my laptop that no one would ever get to read. Feels good to share. Feels good to write for a purpose.

15. QFlaire profile image61
    QFlaireposted 13 years ago

I have been writing all my life. Being apart of the Hubpages has added something meaningful to my to-do list. I currently make zero profit but I never did write simply for funds. I love writing and I like the idea of someone else finding my ranting expertise valuable.

16. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 13 years ago

I think it has but more in a personal than a financial way.  It has given me an outlet to post my work and a place to hone my skills as a writer.  I have also made many friends and supporters here which was an unexpected benefit of joining HubPages.  I am coming up on my first year anniversary here on the Hub and I feel like it has been an experience far more valuable that I could have ever imagined when I started the journey....and I am a better writer for the effort. WB

17. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years ago

It's changed my daily life by giving me something to work on during the times of the year when I have no regular work to do for pay.  I get to challenge myself to think more, write more, and respond to challenging comments.  It's all very good for my brain.

18. anish92 profile image65
    anish92posted 13 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. (not having adsense account doesn't help either)
    But I think I am addicted to their modular structure. So I just keep coming back

19. Emily40 profile image61
    Emily40posted 13 years ago

Yes it did. It brought out my writing talent and keeps me occupied when am bored. I also learned a lot of new things on HP, i never knew before!

20. Joesy Shmoesy profile image61
    Joesy Shmoesyposted 13 years ago

I can see a change in myself since joining Hub Pages.  I can not honestly say that it is from writing here although I do enjoy it quite a bit, and am always thinking about my next Hub.  What has changed me for the better, as well as gotten me some LATE nights, is reading other Hubs.  I could read all night.  I love searching Hubs, and questions, and I also enjoy visiting the forums.  I think that the biggest change I notice is that I think more.  I think a lot about what people are writing, how they see things, and what I get from each new Hub.

21. Zakmoonbeam profile image92
    Zakmoonbeamposted 13 years ago

I have met some really cool people here, enjoyed writing, and enjoyed reading other peoples work. 

It's a great community, and I feel part of it.  Hubpages has been an outlet for some of the not so good stuff that has happened in my life, so yes, this has definitely been a good thing for me, and I thank every single one of you for it.

22. shynsly profile image60
    shynslyposted 13 years ago

Unquestionably... in the short time I've been here, not only have I found an outstanding outlet for my own creativity and improved my own writing skills tremendously, but I've also "met" a lot of incredibly interesting people and had the pleasure of reading many insightful, educational, and/or entertaining hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)