How do you know your Religious viewpoint is correct vs. a different point of vie

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Mark Upshaw profile image60
    Mark Upshawposted 13 years ago

How do you know your Religious viewpoint is correct vs. a different point of view?

For Fundalmentalist Christians:  How do you know that Your Understanding of god and religion is the only correct understanding?

2. Goodpal profile image75
    Goodpalposted 13 years ago

Practice meditation and learn to see reality as it is. This will take you beyond the dogma of religious ideologies that differ. It will also allow you to act with acceptance of all human beings for what they are. It will also enable you to avoid hating people who do not believe in your religious philosophy.

It is unfortunate that religions have fragmented the human world rather than unifying them.

3. ShevaStreet profile image60
    ShevaStreetposted 13 years ago

Although I am still learning a lot, I know that the Book I have is Truth, and it's pure and unmixed message holds no lies or contradiction. It is this that I base my beliefs on, and what I strive to follow.

Now for your question: First off, religion is  man made - whether it be Christianity or other religions of this world. But I will speak of Christianity because that is what I spent most of my life in. There are 1000's of denominations out there within the religion of Christianity, and the reason for this is because each group has either added and/or taken away from what was in the original Scriptures. Every denomination says they have 'truth' and they all read from the same Book, but each one has their own 'version' and perspective on it. Christianity is a mixture of man made traditions, customs and perspectives. It was not the faith that the Messiah Yahushua brought (many in Christianity call Him Jesus, but a little history will show that that was not truly His name) , and Christianity was not the faith that the early believers lived out. So what is Christianity?

So that brings me to the second part of your question: It is not MY opinion or MY perspective that means anything - it is the WORD of YHWH ALONE that holds the final authority for what is TRUTH, and all else are simply 'religious viewpoints'.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

As a Christian, although not a fundamentalist, we use Scripture as our guide.  We believe it is the inspired word of God and that is our where we get our understanding of God, His Son and the Holy Spirit.

I realize many disagree, but please be respectful.

5. arb profile image75
    arbposted 13 years ago

How do I know a different point of view is more correct than the one I have? I don't. I consider them all, weigh their merit, choose the one that sits well with me and then adjust my life accordingly. The most comfortable chair, however, is not always good for my back. Sometimes, its the one I am least endeared to.

6. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 12 years ago

You will find the answer in the Holy Bible. No other book compares.

This book, written by over 40 different authors from different walks of life over 1500 years is beautifully written, miraculously consistent in its message and historically accurate. Its message is unique among holy books. It is the only holy book that claims to be the written Word of God, and Jesus was the only religious leader who claimed to be God.

The Bible contains information that could only be known by an all-knowing, powerful Creator, information about science that humankind only discovered hundreds of years after it was recorded in the Bible.

The Bible is filled with fulfilled prophecy and it has survived 2000 years. It's unique in its message and is the only message that explains why the world is the way it is today and the solution to the problem.

It is the only holy book that makes sense, through and through. All else is counterfeit.

The Bible, God's holy Word transforms lives. God is Love and He has placed a conscience in each of our hearts. The Holy Spirit guides us in our understanding if we choose to follow Christ and take ourselves off the throne.

Only Jesus saves. It is a seductive lie of Satan that started in the Garden of Eden that leads people to follow other pathways to personal satisfaction and enlightenment, which in the end will only lead to eternal damnation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)