How many hubs should I (a novice) aim to write in order to realistically expect

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. Brian Patry profile image60
    Brian Patryposted 12 years ago

How many hubs should I (a novice) aim to write in order to realistically expect monthly payouts?

How many hubs should I have published in order to expect a payout? I know there's SEO and ads to take into consideration, but I'm an SEO copywriter, so I know what to write, link, etc.What I plan to do is kickstart my account with a 30-day challenge in order to quickly get the minimum $50/month. From there, I would only write in my spare time, as I already write full-time in-house. However, I don't know how many hubs per day I should be shooting for. I don't mind scaling back if I'm being irreealistic, but what should I be aiming at as a general formula for "X hubs = your first $50"?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Of course there is absolutely no answer to this question.

If you know "what to write," then I have to wonder how good what you write will be in comparison to the competition; it's my opinion that if I want to get paid, then I have to be prepared to be THE BEST in the niches in which I choose to write.

From the way that you mentioned the $50.00 - I have to assume that when you talk about payout that you are, in this case, talking about a payout via the Hubpages ad program.

I would like to give you a helpful answer here - but I don't know if it's possible at all.  I already had over  two hundred published hubs when that program started.  I've probably only published three or four since it started - but I think that anyone else that leaves an answer here - will have been a long time HP person, else their answer would be worth even less.

If you know good seo stuff then you should well know where your ads should be places, and so you should know what NOT to do so far as the layout and creation of your hubs entails.

I have to say this:  Trying to compete in high pay per click niches is stupid unless you are positive that you are truly better than anyone else - and then you demonstrate that.  The smart money is on the mid range pay per click keywords.

Personally, I've never looked at keyword research at all.  I know what subjects I can compete in - and I don't even want to know what their pay per click is likely to be, because I want to be known as a good writer, and someone who is a nice guy, that comments back, is friendly, and is a damn good storyteller.

When I make money - that's great.  When you make money -I'll cheer for you, but please have some integrity in your work.

3. Brian Patry profile image60
    Brian Patryposted 12 years ago

Thank you very much for the input, Wesman. Earlier today I threw up a quick hub so I could sign up for Adsense tomorrow. It's not indicative of my writing skill or what I intend to write about. (Basically, an answer to an email that turned out to be too long, so I tweaked + copy and pasted. tongue)

Was I misreading something about the first payout being $50? I thought Adsense in tandem with the hubs was that they pay Hubpages and HP then pays you once you have at least  $50. I thought Ad Program was something separate (albeit, also used the $50 minimum since it's also run by HP). Am I making a severe rookie misunderstanding here.

If so, please don't look down on me. I'm used to writing in-house and dealing with clients in-person, so I've always dealt with cheques and direct-deposit before and never even paypal, let alone Adsense and Amazon Affiliates. My goal is to turn my love of product reviews on a few niche subjects into a passive revenue stream, since I know enough about SEO, backlinks and writing for the Internet to make it profitable.

I know it takes time (some say a full year, others 27 hubs in 4 months), but I figure once I've got Adsense, Paypal and Amazon set up properly with Hubpages, that's it more a matter of combining my quality writing with a certain quantity amount. Basically, I don't care what amount my first payout is, I just want to figure out what I should do make that first payout get received ASAP.

Thanks so much for your feedback! smile

4. jdavis88 profile image90
    jdavis88posted 12 years ago

depends on the traffic you can get, how fast you can get it, and what CPM your keywords average.  On average, if you get decent cpm keywords and write well, you should be able to get a 50$/month  payout from hubpages ad program with about 200-250 views per day or so.  That number will hinge on how many hubs you have and how often they are visited on average. 

To make a payout for adsense each month, which I believe the minimum is $100, will take much more.  Their calculation is also different due to the fact that you mainly get paid when people click the ads they post on your pages.  Therefore, if people don't click, then you make much less from adsense.

Hope this helps.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)