I quite smoking almost 3 months ago...What should I do..?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. ii3rittles profile image78
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

I quite smoking almost 3 months ago...What should I do..?

I haven't really wanted one since I quit until now. I really enjoyed the taste and the feel. It calmed my nerves and kept my anxiety at bay. I have a taste for one really bad, & while I don't see any harm in having "just one" I don't want it to trigger old habits. Is there any kind of herbal smoke I can buy that has no nicotine or tobacco yet taste like tobacco. I know that its dumb, but I really did enjoy smoking. I miss it. I don't drink or use drugs, so it was like my "thing" I did to chill out and relax. I don't want to smoke normal cigarettes (drug infested)  again.

2. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 12 years ago

You can try herbal cigarretes, like marshmallow, vanilla, chocolate ones (although iit's still smoke and any type of smoke inside your lungs is harmful). Don't try something that tastes just the same as the one you're trying to quit. Change for a bit and make clear for yourself that you don't need it. I hope you are strong enough to stay away from it just as you've been doing so far. Try to engage on activities that relax you and keep your anxiety at bay. Remember that the smoke from ONE cigarrette lingers inside your lungs for SEVEN years. Now think about the amount of cigs you've had during your life... think about the damage it has caused to your lungs so far. Now... Are you sure you want to smoke again?

3. Dawn Conklin profile image69
    Dawn Conklinposted 12 years ago

I don't know of any herbal ones but I would still be worried about that going into the lungs too.  The electronic cigarette works well from what I am told.  It won't taste like a cigarette as it is all water vapor based but it helps with the "feeling like your smoking."  I know somebody who smoked a lot for many years and he has used the electronic cigarette for a few weeks now and no more cigarettes.  Supposed to be completely harmless as it is just water vapors.  You take a drag like normal and you even appear to be blowing smoke out when you exhale.  It is pretty cool, I thought about getting one.  They sell them in the tobacco shops, don't know about the ones online you see advertised.  Do yourself a favor and do not give in to temptation.  I quit for 4 years and went through a rough time.  I really wanted a cigarette at a stressful time in life and I went right back to smoking.

4. Stephen Mull profile image59
    Stephen Mullposted 12 years ago

Whatever you do, DO NOT, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT smoke "just one". It never ends up being just one. I don't really know anything about herbal substitutes however, in my opinion you shouldn't smoke anything period, especially if you've already made it 3 months. Instead just keep busy and find alternate outlets for your craving like going for a jog, or writing a hub wink. Think of how much better your life is without cigarettes, feeling better, no ash tray smell etc... If any of this doesn't help, I suppose the next best thing would be to try one of those electronic water vapor cigarettes. I don't know first hand but they seem to have great reviews and appear to have a few benefits, no bad smoke since its water, multiple flavors, and can be smoked anywhere. The only issue I see with smoking anything is that it is too similar to cigarettes and it is much easier to justify since you are already smoking something else.

I know how hard it can be. I smoked marlboro reds for 9+ years and the reason I was able to quit was Army Basic Training. Four months of not having the option to smoke works wonders. There was a slip up or two along the way afterwords, but some perseverance and remembering why I wanted to quit helped. I still get the cravings occasionally, especially at the bar, but I just try to remove myself from the situation.

I hope this helps you and good luck to you.

5. arksys profile image84
    arksysposted 12 years ago

it is my "thing" to do too ... which is why i don't want to quit.
    yes there is an alternative, which is less harmful. there is tobacco that you can get, which does not have as many chemicals. you need to get one of those tobacco filling machines and some cig cartridges. the nicotine in it is not as strong so you don't feel like smoking all the time. not sure what its called but i know its definitely out there.

6. ii3rittles profile image78
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

Thank you all. I decided to get some organic herbs that have been used as tea and for smoke for years. They help with anxiety and nerves and cause no harmful effects if not used all the time. I will get that and a little glass bowl or pipe or something. I don't want to go through withdrawl again. it was horrible sad

Ups for everyone!

7. physician-jobs02 profile image59
    physician-jobs02posted 12 years ago

Like you I always make an excuse with myself that yeah, it's ok to smoke just one. I really want to quit smoking and whenever I have the craving, I just chew some mint. Another thing is, I always read the disadvantages of smoking so that I will have a motivation to quit. Most of all, smoking kills. So stop smoking unless you want to commit suicide.

8. saleena2 profile image60
    saleena2posted 11 years ago

smoke again......cigarette is the real friend...its always with you............

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)