How long will it take for the developing countries to become developed countries

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

How long will it take for the developing countries to become developed countries?

2. Nurfninja profile image60
    Nurfninjaposted 12 years ago

It's nearly an impossible question to answer...but people can always speculate, right?
    A lot of the nations that are rapidly developing have a somewhat efficient political structure.  Debatable as to what a morally good political system is-there may not be one, besides a Theocracy- but that is a different question entirely. 
    People in the developed world have to ask themselves the question, "AM I OKAY" WITH WEALTH DISPARITY AND INEQUALITY?" -i.e. within their native country and among each developed country compared to the first world. 
    That's a big issue I plan to write a hub about soon, and would recommend a book called, "The Spirit Level."

3. S Leretseh profile image60
    S Leretsehposted 12 years ago

"Developed"  societies imply its industrialized. Industrialized societies require  - based on my own research - an occupational ranking innate culture i.e. the majority of males accept occupational titles as true ranking symbols to stratify their male group.  Up until 1964,  only one male group (racial group in this context) produced an occupational ranking society outside the Anglo race :: Japanese. I believe today, the world has witnessed the total extent of male groups (males racially, linguistically and religiously similar) capable of successfully creating occupational ranking systems/ societies.  Occupational ranking - again, in my opinion - is based on an innate culture.  Anglos and some Asian male groups clearly possess this innate culture. Males of African descent (IMO anyways) clearly do not.   I also believe that some male groups have less of a resistance level to this type of society than other male groups. I'm still working on this ideology - long way to go.  BTW, I believe there is nothing superior about a male group moving from a non-occupational ranking society to an occupational ranking one i.e. those male groups that can create occupational ranking systems are not superior to those male groups that cannot create one. Occupational ranking just might be the WORST type of societal structure. Lots of niceties (sinecures)... but over the long run they seem to become unstable and do produce a lot of violence.   Just my opinion here...

4. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 12 years ago

are we talking material development only? if so, this answer goes way off course~

as long as it takes for developed countries to back off and allow them to stand on their own two feet.

i think that developing countries would develop much quicker without the help of the developed ones...that could be taken horribly wrong...

i just mean that throwing money, food and medicine at developing countries only sometimes, isn't helping.

it's like babies, if we never let them stand on their own two feet, we'll eventually find them grown up, unable to walk and too big to carry around anymore...

developed countries could help by educating developing countries, but nursing an infant back to health and then leaving them to suffer all over again is only prolonging the problem...as a small example

with all the money that's been put into superficial aid, there could definately be clean water worldwide at least!!!

i know this all sounds a bit contradicting, but i have a lot to say on the matter...and typing just isn't quite the same as talking

i bet the same percentage of depressed people are here in the uk as in africa...we're all still finding our way; just some countries pretend not to be

5. conradofontanilla profile image66
    conradofontanillaposted 12 years ago

Indicators of development are debatable. Developing counties will take a long time to develop because of exploitation by former colonizers, policies of former colonizers, and economic systems superimposed upon them by developed countries. Courage and will to assert independence -- power -- is the main driving force for development that may be lacking in developing countries. read more

6. brages07 profile image60
    brages07posted 12 years ago

I think it will still take quite a bit of time.  Much of their economic growth is the product of tolerating labor practices not tolerated in developed countries.  Until this changes, they cannot be considered developed nations.  The catch is that when they change this, they will lose their appeal to the multinational corporations that exploit their lax policies.

7. Doc Snow profile image88
    Doc Snowposted 12 years ago

A tough but interesting question.  I think that there is no cut and dried answer; achievement of "developed" status (which begs a definition, by the way) may well take different amounts of time for different countries in different circumstances.  China's economic growth lately has been explosive, while some countries de-colonized around the same time still lag.

The next question would probably be "What makes a difference to the time required?"  Unfortunately, that's an even tougher question.  Government, natural resources, market access, and external political forces probably all come into it, and perhaps never in quite the same combination twice.

8. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

Pretty simple, as long as it takes them to wake up mentality. there is no difference except in their own mindset. Remember we all live in the same world.
    Develop has been misconstrued or simply limited to material things in form of infrastructure.
    But is that development in the real sense of the word? i think develop has more to do with individual mindset rather than on the bases of who has more this and that, who has better roads, hospital, power etc whatever you can think of.
    Let the world begin to measure development by the conscious development of the human mind. thank you.

9. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

You should ask God this question. He has the exact time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)