I have the rottenest two dogs!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I say this because of my twin Basset hounds Brandy and bourbon. Their sire Boregard is and always has been the sweetest dog I ever had.
    Brandy, a Mahogany almost destroyed my $700 pair of glasses during the night. She has chewed up about 8 pair of cheap reading glasses that my wife leaves laying about. She steal anything she can to chew up. yesterday I found a fork in the grass and several times I have found my paring knives there all chewed up.

Bourbon is a tri-color and so handsome with his bourbon eyes and sleek build. He is a real lover as he loves to snuggle and give everyone kisses. But he is a Hitler too as he tries to dominate the rest of the pack and of a sudden will attack and draw blood. My little toy fox terrier is the favorite target at times and he even dominates Boregard who is at least 15 pounds heavier. Bourbon is neutered.

Between he and Brandy we have had to throw out all of our living room furniture and start anew. Bourbon now wears a muzzle when I am not around as he gets so upset even if i visit a neighbor and chews on furniture to show his displeasure.
    I love them both, but they are rotten and spoiled. Anyone else have any pups this bad? Oh, and they have had all the toys they want, but prefer a stick or a chair. LOL

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omgsh...Brandy, Bourbon and Boregard...haha that's too cute!

I don't have any dogs. I have a bunny rabbit who likes to chew baseboards and take up carpet when my back in turned, the little minx!

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well now, I love rabbit fried. LOL just kidding. My wife's late friend had one of those mini bunnies, she was diabetic. It chewed of the end of her toes to the bone and she never felt a thing. True story indeed.

2. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile lol..welcome to my life..my dog "herd" has settled down , only 2 are in the main house, but my Bella Girl went through the glasses stage, between my daughter and myself, we lost 8 pairs of prescription glasses in a 14 month period and 6 cell phones, but she would only mess with cell phones in leather cases, but glasses, she just went for the glasses and left the cases alone..suddenly, she stopped when we started using an indoor "leash" and we have not had a problem since and now she is only on the indoor leash, right by the front door, when we are not home or asleep in our rooms, but if someone sleeps on the couch we leave her off it..honestl, I think the indoor leash did the trick for us...

2. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

It could be worse, ralwus!  You could have the rottenest three dogs like the ones my sister and her husband have!

1) Rottweiler w/ down syndrome, licking and lack of affection problem...Actually, he's the most lovable, but has seizures

2) American Eskimo w/ total eating disorder (known to eat wood chips, crap, dirt when really desperate), he barks a lot and is really annoying but smart, maybe too smart for his own good!

3) Pekingese who is not housebroken, is a spoiled brat, has bad breath (ack!), ugly (she looks like she got smacked in the face with the broad-side of a shovel, often diarrheas on the carpet (yuck).

Doesn't seem bad, but let them live with you before you make a judgment call!

1. profile image0

LOL that's funny! Haha My little toy terrier Khali is like that pikinese[hell can't spell the dam thing], bad breath and all. I had him house trained but then along came Bourbon and destroyed that. He is afraid to go outside alone with Hitler. LOL

3. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

It's at times like this when I'm glad I don't have a dog any more. lol

1. profile image0

Oh yer missin out on a lot of fun. I just have to keep a close eye on them and put stuff up out of their reach. Another problem though is when my parrot gets stuff and gives it to them and then laughs at me. LOL another rotten pet. LOL all spoiled rotten

4. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I do miss having dogs, but I have a cat which is quite a handful at times. I also have wild birds like geese, francolins, and guinea fowl which give me a hard time, especially in the mornings when they want food, and I want sleep!

5. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Ohhhhh dogs smile I'll take yours guys. Life's just not the same without one. Or a feline assassin.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there a shortage of dogs in Lisboa?

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. There's a whole heap of abandoned hounds here. I don't have an apartment or home within which to keep one.

Two homeless mongrels don't a home make wink

1. profile image0

Not to mention poor Amber the half kangaroo dog.

ralwus lol she was a beaut - just nuts smile

2. profile image0

Keeps a dragon and says she has no room for a dog... This must be frog thinking, I hardly get it. smile

I'm lumbered with him Pacal. That's not the same as 'keeping' Or even 'wanting' wink

1. profile image0

And I'm guessing if t weren't for him you could even have space for a cute little dog. smile Or would you take a cerberus instead?

It would be a Unicorn most likely. And very nice first hub by the way.

If you guys haven't read it yet, you should.

1. profile image0

Thanks. I'm honoured to have this praise from someone with a number a hundred times bigger than mine. smile

6. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

I don't have a dog, but maybe I should. Ralwus, I think this thread is an expression of how much you love your dogs. smile

7. profile image0

Yes, my wife and  I  adore all of our pets, but dam these two take the cake I'll tell ya. The terrible twins. LOL I cannot trust them alone or in my sight! But they are  so lovable and so furry cute ya know? LOL Please trust me on this, never ever get a basset if ya think ya can train them for obedience.

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

We have two rotten Cocker Spaniels Daisy and Nazoo, our female Cocker gets irritated and pounces on our glass door until she gets attention!! We now have to replace the door due to her claw marks. People have said to use a spray bottle it does not work. Tell her no! It does not work and Nazoo thinks that every toy in the house belongs to him. He has dragged out DVD's, 2 Wei games and dumped them in the pool. They have self-destructed toiled paper when they sneak in the bathroom and drag it all over the house. Everybody thinks they are so angelic and we have to kennel them because they are like GREMLINS and would destroy everything. They have been to doggy discipline classes and they always say they are so well behaved but when they get home they have all of a sudden of ADDS (Attention Doggy Deficit Syndrome) and forget what they have learned. grrrrrrr I love them but Ralwus our dogs are as naughty as yours!! I believe ours are possessed and the only time they are good is when they are sleeping. LOLOLOLOLO big_smile

Lastly they snub there noses at there food unless they are promised a goody and they know what those are and when it comes to bath time , they give me the bath!! But we love them anyway. lolololo big_smile

1. profile image0

Sounds like you live a dogs life too. LOL Aren't they just grand though? I did break then from chewing up the toilet paper. but they get any other paper and destroy it, mail, kleenex, hankies or anything in reach and I have lost count of the pens and pencils.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How did you break them from the TP? I always tell my mom dogs are just like children, the only thing is when they grow up they won't leave home. lolololo big_smile

1. profile image0

I was able to convince them to play and chew on other things and I put the paper out of thee reach for about a month or so. I suppose somehow they got the message. I too use the squirt bottle and it does help. I just took them all for a walk, four pups, one cat and a parrot on my shoulder. Finally the pups have the hang of that and walk side by side on my right, what a sight and I do get stares and grins from passersby. Dam they are like little bulldozers too. I had to resort to using pinch collars on them.

They should call you Dr. Doolittle now you are talking,lololo when you start hearing them talk I will send you mine. AA overnite .lololol big_smile ((Big Hugs))

2. profile image48
      nazooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You will not believe this: Our spaniel girl "Daisy" passed away a year ago, it took us a year to find another puppy- and we just named it "Nazoo" a name- we thought we mad up!!! So I just googled the name  and found your post..........wow

9. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

AH yes, Ralwus, we had a black lab, who passed after 13 years.  When my husband traveled and I was at work she would chew up everything.  I would come to rolls of toilet paper, she chewed up a baby afghan that I was making for our first baby & she really enjoyed going outside to catch sparrows.  My co-worker went as far as having her Animal Psychiatrist friend call me.  Seemed she suffered from separation anxiety smile

Our newest white lab was a little terror when she was young, but we learned with the second how important a kennel was smile  Now the worst she does is shed her white hair massively all over our house.

10. profile image0

AE i need to get some pictures of my dog walking for you. Haha Seeing is believing and even complete strangers have stopped to take some. They do call me Dr Doolittle too. LOL

Well that will be your name and do send pics. smile

11. profile image0

I will for you dear.

12. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

The dog on my picture now was one who would chew up everything when she was a baby.  She chewed furniture, shoes and all kinds of things.  Bless her heart she finally grew out of it.

13. profile image0

Yes, some do. Yes I forgot, my pup Bourbon pulled out my Polo boots from hiding and all but destroyed them last year. grrrrr

14. profile image0

Here is myself with my pets on a walk yesterday evening, Yes, it is chilly here now.
    http://api.ning.com/files/0JM2umRWL9dZ8oN0y5tY9dKTSeDvaf3zr-ZqJbcek19QNqYNsrK-3LeWHnRE4-Ki24a*odRLYQ8ubmUEX7fq2DrLeN3FgC-o/meandpupswlk.jpg?width=368&height=279

15. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae32/dohn121/IMG_1188.jpg

Meet Molly, the Pekingese!  She is the root of my pain!

1. profile image0

She is a darling. thanks for sharing.

16. profile image0

I just saw this. The oldest dog just died at 21 years olds, a wire haired dachsund.
    http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090901/capt.3a9e5cfd0d084a82b7906df59cdd1421.obit_world_oldest_dog_nyr201.jpg?x=213&y=159&xc=1&yc=1&wc=409&hc=305&q=85&sig=M7Q5H2fH0a5Br5pIsj0Y7g--

17. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 14 years ago

Ralwus,

An old nursery rhyme will sum up the behavior of my miniature schnauzer, Meadow, who I rescued 8 months ago.

There was a little girl
       With a curl in the middle of her forehead
       When she was good, she was very very good,
       And when she was bad, she was HORRID!

That's my schnauzer.  She will get into anything.  She has totally changed my approach to housekeeping.  She's 3 -- is she still an adolescent?  She acts so immature that sometimes I wonder how she was ever a mother (she did have two puppies). The weird thing is that I can leave for 3 hours, and when I get back, everything looks fine.  She only does her chewing and throwing little pillows and rugs around when I am at home.  I think she is like a kid, who wants any attention, even if it's the bad kind.

Somehow, in spite of all of this, I love Meadow increasingly.

Bassett hounds are adorable, and so are your pups.

18. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Last dog we had was a Pug that hopped up and peed on my while I was sleeping on the couch a few years back.

Since then, we've stuck to cats.  Oh, and leopard geckos...and for a while there, baby kangaroo rats....

19. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

the rest of the boxer "herd" has nice quarters attached to our garage, their own  - very nice - living space, bilt just for them. We do have my 17 yr old sheltie/ irish setter mix in the house with us, he has always been by myside since I was a tenager, he never had a chewing puppy except as a puppy he chewed my grandma's la-z-boy recliner, then I had to take him with me everywhere except school and work...
    but he has lived and still has the best life I can give that ol'pup...think it is why he will not leave me, and the vet told me over 10 years ago he was going to die from heart failure..looks like he was wrong and I have a new vet now anyway since we breed boxers..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)