Suggest cleaning products that will not effect the environment

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Suggest cleaning products that will not effect the environment

2. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

I have a great hub on this.  I use things you can find in your kitchen to clean the house.  Vinegar and baking soda are the best from my experience.

3. Angela Blair profile image68
    Angela Blairposted 12 years ago

I still rely on my Granny's old recipes  which always included vinegar and water for glass and use a page of newspaper for a paper towel -- the newsprint comes into play there somewhere (I don't know how) and makes a really great shine. This also works on chrome. She also relied on lemon juice (take spots out of white clothes by applying full strength and allowing to sun dry), rubbing a lemon on anything that produced a foul odor (and it would disappear) and as a rinse for pale colored hair. Baking soda was a never ending standby for everything from indigestion to toothpaste (baking soda and salt). As we lived in an old house and would occasionally have mice she'd put Coke out in jar lids and they'd disappear. She also boiled anything she needed to disinfect, ie. clothes, sheets after someone had been ill, etc. I can't recall ever seeing chemicals in her house other than plain old bleach and kerosene (which she believed would prevent infection of any kind -- and apparently did). For brass or copper cleaning she used ketchup to clean it and the acidity did a great job.

4. Mary Stuart profile image70
    Mary Stuartposted 12 years ago

Baking soda is a great tub and tile cleaner. It is non abrasive and is not harmful to the environment.

5. Zooloot.com profile image62
    Zooloot.composted 12 years ago

I have a website full of ideas. I started a new environmentally friendly company this year called icare3000 same name website. I have designed many ways to help the environment to show others they can also.

We ALL need to take action to make change happen. I for one have started in a big way and I'm finding it VERY profitable also smile)

Great post that's well needed.

6. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 12 years ago

I won't use this to promote myself, as it is in bad taste - but I'm an Amway business man on the side. They make a line of products called Legacy of Clean.
    I'm a skeptic by nature, so before I really started promoting the products (And don't get me wrong, we have a small selection of products I won't sell because I don't believe in them) I tried them out. My brain can't handle how well they work.

My dishes come out cleaner and sparkly as ever, my clothes washed in *all* cold water come out cleaner and whiter than they ever have before. And contrary to popular belief - they are on par with store-bought products. (They seem expensive, until you realize they are concentrated so you use less per use)
    My family has been slowly converting as well after they try it they get hooked - so it's not just me hoping my products are good.

You can probably find a rep in your area if you ask around - you can order from them directly or from their personal website.

These products are probably the most environmentally friendly products on the market - they started in the 50's as the first "Green" cleaning products made.

7. Slightly Bonkers profile image59
    Slightly Bonkersposted 12 years ago

I can only repeat what has been already written: baking soda, lemon juice, vinegar and newspaper. Newspaper is especially handy when cleaning windows, believe it or not it leaves no streaks!
    Also another tip if you ever spill red wine on a white tablecloth: rub salt into it, let it dry, then soak the cloth in soapy water overnight. When you wash it then finally in the machine, put it in still wet straight out of the soapy water - stain gone smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)