Why is my hub traffic not increasing?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)
  1. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 12 years ago

Why is my hub traffic not increasing?

Everytime I post a new hub, I will send a link to DIGG, DELICIOUS, Stumbleupon,linkedin, Plazoo, Google Submit,Rate it all. However, my hub traffic doesn't seem to increase and my hub earning is always 10-20cents per day. Where did I went wrong?

2. davenmidtown profile image67
    davenmidtownposted 12 years ago

I looked at a couple of your hubs and have a few suggestions... Please take these in the positive light that they are given. I would really consider using a keyword tool such as Google keyword tool to find popular keywords and phases within your subject and then use those as tags. The tags I was were very general or broad and that means your hubs will get lost in the millions of similar articles on the internet. Focus your tags and titles to showcase your hubs. For example... in your folding paper harts hub... consider... how to make special gifts as a tag.  Think in terms of people searching for your topic... what might they put in the search engine to find your hubs...

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

Sharing your hubs with other sites is great, but you should make sure that you are a part of these other communities.  Just sharing links isn't enough - you have to make friends and read other people's links as well.

You write well, you've got good content, and your topics are interesting, although probably not the kind that will bring the most revenue.  Your holiday hubs will only be looked at around the holiday.  You may want to convert your recipe hubs to the new recipe format. Maybe add some videos to show how something is made.

You may also want to experiment with writing on a variety of different topics, to see which ones get you the most viewers.  I have found that the more specific the hub (niche topic), the more hits I am able to get.  There are lots of Easter hubs, so there is lots of competition, but if I can tell you which are the best black licorice jelly beans are based on my taste tests, that is specific and could be just the information someone was looking for.

You may also want to read more hubs and comment on them.  There are lots of hubs that teach you how to work on keywords and get more traffic. Not all of the advice is good though so just read lots of hubs and do the things that lots of other hubbers are recommending. The Learning Pages has lots of information too about keywords and otherwise building traffic.

These are just my opinions - I am fairly new and still learning as well.

You are off to a great start, just keep it up.

1. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you @millionaire tips
      I will follow your advice. I will write something different and convert my recipe hubs

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 12 years ago

@davenmidtown
    thank you for your advice. Will look into my tags and keywords

5. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 11 years ago

traffic and earnings are 2 separate issues

first, the sites you mention are linksharing sites - almost all the traffic is from other people who are looking for traffic - these sites may get you some reciprocal traffic IF you also check out other sites, but these sites are not going to earn you much money - for the basic reason that those who use these sites arent the people who are going to click on your ads -- i've seen many claims from the "how to make money on hubpages" writers, but none of them have ever backed up these claims with actual evidence.

i' ve done the research and experimented with these sites, tracking which sites i list, on which sharing sites, and my basic conclusion is it's a waste of time.  your mileage may vary

there are many great reasons for participating on hubpages - for the vast majority of users, making money is not one of them

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)