I was thinking writing a story/novel, is it available to be done here on Hubpage

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. PaoloJpm profile image83
    PaoloJpmposted 11 years ago

I was thinking writing a story/novel, is it available to be done here on Hubpages?

Last time I wrote my first story which unfortunately gone to trash since our laptop fails to live more and without backup all those 400 plus pages were gone. So, I was thinking writing a new one. I am really fun of making things out of the unrealistic ideas linking it to reality. So, hope I could use some advice about this stuff Good day!

2. Amber Vyn profile image60
    Amber Vynposted 11 years ago

I'm still pretty new here. However, as far as I know, you are more than welcome to publish your story here. You probably want to break it down into 1200-1500 words chunks and serialize the story (e.g. 'My Story: Part 1'; 'My Story: Part 2', etc.).

PaoloJpmposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. I was thinking of making series of chapters as I choose to publish it here. Yet, as you can see,  more of them told them that HP wasn't good place for it. But still I'll be making up my mind soon thanks Amber.

3. brianrock profile image84
    brianrockposted 11 years ago

There are sections for poetry and creative writing. So you could certainly write and share your story on HubPages.

Whether it's a good idea depends on your goal in publishing the book. Fiction and poetry tend to do very poorly in terms of page views and earnings, because they're not searchable content. So if you're looking to publish you story for profit (and/or make a profit on HubPages), then this probably isn't the place for you.

Personally, if I were trying to publish a whole story I'd either A) type it up and format it as a Kindle eBook to sell on Amazon or b) host it on a blog, like Wordpress.com, where I'd have more control over the design and layout of the site.

But, if you're happy with what HubPages offers (a semi-restrictive publishing environment that will serve up your story to viewers but won't really help it get found or be visible), then go ahead and give it a try.

P.S. You might try typing your documents in Google Drive and/or syncing them to a Google Drive account in the future. That way everything is backed up and stored in the cloud, so if your laptop dies you won't lose it again. That's a horrible feeling when a computer or hard drive dies (or a flash drive is lost) and you realize you don't have your data backed up.

Thanks dude, truly appreciated it, anyway. I wasn't writing it for profit, just for my recreational activity and enhancing my writing skills. (plus I'm not even accepted on google adsense yet ). Oh, yeah, I'll be securing everything I do from now on

4. nochance profile image87
    nochanceposted 11 years ago

Hubpages is NOT a good place for publishing creative writing and poetry. Yes there are categories for it, yes people publish here but it's not going to get you the most readers and you'll have a harder time finding readers who are actually interested. I would recommend publishing your story as an e-book. It's still free for you but you can get it out there as a real thing. I think it's smashwords that will let you set the list price as free so Amazon will price match you to free. That's probably a good place to start. Once you gain some readership you can up the price. Then when you write on hubpages you can link to that e-book and your hubpages followers are more likely to read it. It's also a lot more convenient because they can just download it to their devices instead of trying to read it online.

Please feel free to send me a message if you wish. I am also working on a novel and trying to figure out the best way to finish it, then publish, then promote it.

Thank you, for the first 3 who answered you guys it wasn't a good idea to publish, maybe you guys were right plus I am really interested about your advice since I am not yet familiar about it. Looking forward for exchange messages on you smile

5. Sunny River profile image60
    Sunny Riverposted 11 years ago

I am publishing a novel on here, but I am not doing it with the intent of making loads of money right now. I'm simply publishing the first draft as I write it to get some feedback and see if it keeps peoples interest and is enjoyable to read, that sort of thing. When I actually publish it, I plan on taking it down from here.

Oh, I don't do it for money too, I am just enhancing my writing skills. And like what you said, feedback can really be a good help to make a quality and interesting novel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)