jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

If HubPages were to close down tomorrow, would you continue to publish your writ

1. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 5 years ago

If HubPages were to close down tomorrow, would you continue to publish your writing?

If you would, where would you choose to publish it at?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6366840_f260.jpg

2. Sharminator profile image74
    Sharminatorposted 5 years ago

Yes I would. Hubpages is a great way of getting your stuff out there. But it would not stop me publishing my work. I have just published two of my short stories on Kindle format and I would and will continue to publish my work there and in other placers. Still I like Hubpages and hope it is around for a while yet....

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I'd probably continue, but where is the question. I'd move to Wordpress and see what they have to offer, though I highly doubt their community can rival HubPages. ^^

4. profile image0
    Ghostwolfeposted 5 years ago

Yes the fact that I like to write would keep me publishing my articles else-where including on my own website that I have. Hubpages is a great place to get your work noticed and with a strong community it can help you improve. Though they are not the only place that I can publish I would hate to see them close-down as it would take away one place that has helped me improve, create better articles and also given me a community of knowledgeable writers that have been able to teach me things I didn't know.

5. CR Rookwood profile image84
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

I would. I have four blogs of my own that I've been neglecting while I build up my articles here--two are on Blogger and the other two on Wordpress. Also, I have content up at Infobarrel, Triond, Wizzley, and Web Answers, but not much as they aren't as fun for whatever reason.

I still have content at Helium, Bukisa, and Suite 101, and I still am registered with Demand Media and Elance but I'm kind of sick of freelancing. Demand Media especially is like writing for Satan. Yuck. I just downloaded a cool Apply app called iBooks Author, which lets you write ebooks and upload them directly for sale on iPad, and I have a gazillion ideas I haven't had time to even start.

I will always write because that's what I do. But it's a weird era. Will we have writers (as we understand them) in 25 years? Hard to say.

HubPages definitely has the most user-friendly platform and community.

6. Cre8tor profile image95
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

I would but agree with others here who find HP to be a great spot. From a writing perspective, reading perspective and community perspective, HubPages has really gotten under my skin in a good way.

Fingers crossed that it never closes down!

7. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

I'd continue to write but would have to check out some of the other venues that are mentioned by others.  HubPages is definitely a good group.

8. Pennypines profile image60
    Pennypinesposted 5 years ago

Yes I am an established writer, having published two books and several articles.  Several magazines have used my work, I published a tour guide for the local museum, I write newsletters on a voluntary basis for some non-profit organizaions.  I hope Hub pages remains on line, I like it very much

9. Hypersapien profile image37
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

I would keep writing and publishing at sites like Squidoo, InfoBarrel, etc. where I already have some content.  (In fact, I have a hub comparing my HP and InfoBarrel earnings.)

10. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

dmop,

I would continue publishing my writing. I must say though, that I have faith in HubPages. I believe they'll be around for a long time. Right now I just appreciate having the opportunity to touch so many people with my writing through HubPages.

Don't worry,
    Lisa

11. anusujith profile image78
    anusujithposted 5 years ago

Of course I ll continue my writing. But I don't believe that I won't get a platform like Hubpages. Which is exemplary in responses. Perhaps, I ll start a  blog of my own. Because Hubpages had given me the passion to online writings.

12. Teresa Schultz profile image79
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

I'd be upset if HubPages closed down, but of course I'd keep publishing my writing - I already publish most of my writing on my own sites - where I make more from Adsense than I do on HubPages. I started publishing my writing on my own sites before joining HubPages - I joined HubPages to be part of a great community and to add to my earnings -  I'd miss the community and extra earnings if HubPages closed down.

13. erinshelby profile image72
    erinshelbyposted 4 years ago

Yes, I would keep writing because I enjoy it. I write for another website that pays more but doesn't provide as much freedom.
    What I love about writing for HP is creating articles about anything at any time. I spend a lot of time and effort on what I write.
    But the earnings here at HP have not been in balance with those efforts, and I wonder how anyone ever gets to pay-off...
    I've done 42 hubs and if my earnings keep going as they are now, it will take me another 10 months (and writing MORE articles) to reach the pay-off.
    So if HP closes tomorrow, it would probably just push me to find a different place to publish.

working