Which gaming platform do you like the most?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. codewalk profile image70
    codewalkposted 10 years ago

Which gaming platform do you like the most?

Which gaming platform do you like the most? Which one would you buy if you had money just for one?
    (PC, PS, Xbox, Wii, etc.)

2. Crashhf profile image54
    Crashhfposted 10 years ago

Pc is the best, you can do everything you want with PC

1. codewalk profile image70
      codewalkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed but maybe some games need dedicated consoles to run in ultra high setting?

3. TNT Husky profile image63
    TNT Huskyposted 10 years ago

what I like the most? well, if we're not speaking from generations, I'd say the original playstation. between that and the n64 are what I like to call "the golden days of gaming" so much ground was broken there, and it was amazing. I hate how everyone is trying to use technical specs nowadays as something to argue about in regards to gaming (then again, it's always been there, so you've got that) Also, Consoles were simple back then, and not trying to be PC's. I really don't consider a PC to be a "gaming" console, as it is seen as much more than for video games. Don't get me wrong, the pc is still technologically superior. But they aren't designed for gaming unless you or the seller (or whoever is putting it together) designs it for such. What I love about console gaming is simplicity. just pop the game in and get started. no installation, no updating, just gaming. this is especially true of the older consoles

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image77
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 10 years ago

At the moment, the PS3. This is purely personal, simply because I like PS1, 2 and 3 games far more than most of what the 360 has to offer, rather than technical preferences. I'd almost say Steam but it's limited depending on your computer, and that's more of a platform than PC.

My favourite concept however is the Virtual Boy by Nintendo. Its design was OK but suffered heavily from poor usability, and one reviewer had to tape it to his head to get the most comfort. A good idea, but absolutely shoddy implementation and required far more testing. Not to mention it's library of games had neither quantity nor quality.

5. TheRaptorClaw profile image61
    TheRaptorClawposted 10 years ago

My favorite is Xbox and now I am excited for the Xbox One! Especially now that they have fixed some of the problems people had with it.

1. TNT Husky profile image63
      TNT Huskyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad they reversed those policies, and i hope they don't try to go back to them. I still wish they wouldn't require the new kinect though. They could easily shave a good sum from the price by cutting that thing out of "necessity"

2. TheRaptorClaw profile image61
      TheRaptorClawposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on the Kinect. I never have used one but I'm going to look at the bright side and be happy they fixed the two biggest problems it had.

6. Chris Qu profile image74
    Chris Quposted 10 years ago

Assuming you mean a gaming PC, probably the PS3. Seems to have the best exclusives these days. A PC does more, of course, but gamewise? It has by far the weakest exclusives of the systems.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)