Is Roman Catholic church truly follow the bible?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (42 posts)
  1. boyatdelhi profile image52
    boyatdelhiposted 10 years ago

Is Roman Catholic church truly follow the bible?

Where it diverted from the bible?

2. yourbodyweight profile image79
    yourbodyweightposted 10 years ago

No they are not, the real bible is hidden somewhere in the world,maybe the Roman Catholic Church hides it, and the religion they are following is satanism, they are not Christians but they are pretending, anyways the only real Christians who follow the bible are in the southern Europe.

1. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would like you to explain why you think Catholics follow satanism and what proof, other than your own views do you have to support this. Since the only real Christians are in Southern Europe, do you think the same about Baptist, Lutherans, etc.

2. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Larry, seems that some people get malicious pleasure in criticism. It is easier to look outside than inside. Generally there is an unhappy 'inside' and so they prefer to criticise. Ask them if they are happy and they will probably say 'Yes.' Wonder.

3. yourbodyweight profile image79
      yourbodyweightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@Larry I knew that from many sources just do a little research and you'll know what i'm talking about, there are many bibles and none of them are the same, which one should we believe?
      I respect you and your believes, it is just my point of view.

4. profile image0

There is no "real"  Bible. The Bible is a collection of writings. The Bible used in the Catholic Church has four books in the Old Testament that are not found in the King James version. I am a Christian and I do not live in Southern Europe.

5. yourbodyweight profile image79
      yourbodyweightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@Larry i respect you, and I believe that there is only one bible and one Christianity which was in Jesus era before they edited the holy book , bible is a book written by God not people, if its written by people then its not a holy book.

6. profile image0

Yourbodyweight
      The Bible is inspired by God. It was written by people. For instance the Gospels according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. There are other books in the Bible clearly written by individuals but inspired by God.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 10 years ago

The Roman Catholic Church follows the teachings of the Bible. I am a Baptist, who converted to Catholicism about 25 years ago and frankly, regarding the teachings of the two churches there are very little differences. The Catholic Church has more rituals than some other churches and some beliefs are different. Catholics do not believe that Mary had any other children. Catholic believe that the bread and wine are changed into the Body and Blood of Jesus, we just do not have the ability to see the change. We accept it on faith. Catholics do not worship statues (some individuals might do so incorrectly) and when I married my wife, I was still a Baptist and my pastor took part in the wedding ceremony.

1. profile image0
      JoelMcLendonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is what I mean. You say Catholic follow the Bible and they don't believe Mary had any other children. Read Matthew 13:
      55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

2. profile image0

Yes I read that and many scholars have concluded those that you named, other than Jesus were cousins. If Mary had other children, why did Jesus chose one of his disciples to look after Mary, his mother. As a Baptist, we call each other Brother____.

3. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

prayIng to a dead saints for protection is NECROMANCY which is strictly forbidden in scripture.   Praying to anyone other than Jesus is against new testament (which Christians are under) .   sorry too many scripture violations to be Christian

4. profile image0

JoelMcLendon: When you are praying to the deceased, you are asking for intercession. We are in complete agreement that only God can answer prayers. It does not hurt to have more voices working on your behalf.

5. celafoe profile image54

praying for the dead is a lesson of futility.   once you are dead it is too late for prayers.  if praying to the deceased then it is stupidity because the bible makes it clear that it is necromancy and forbids it.

6. profile image0

Your Profile: :"DO NOT believe anything I or any other person teach unless and until you have studied it in depth yourself with the guidance of the Holy Spirit and are convinced it is the correct scriptural interpretation." That is what I have done.

7. celafoe profile image54

good then you are where you belong-- enjoy

8. profile image0

Since we have reached different conclusions through our studies, it must mean that tolerance of others and their belifs should be a virtue we all try to develop.

9. celafoe profile image54

There is no scripture to support that conclusion.  Scripture says one or both of us must be wrong if we cannot agree. and it behoove us to find the truth as there is only one truth

10. profile image0

Well, I don't know Larry. They did not follow Jesus so maybe that's why. The NT Records them.
      Celafoe who prays to dead saints? I don't. But praying to them is not neromancy. That's contacting them and using them.

11. celafoe profile image54

joel-- and praying to them for help as the catholics do  is not contacting and using them--- hmmm i guess you speak a different english than I do

12. profile image0

Catholics are not praying to dead humans. There are asking the saints, who are in heaven to hear our request that they join us in asking God to answer our prayers. If you do not accept that those in heaven watch us, then you have an unique view.

13. celafoe profile image54

larry --give me the scripture that proves your fairy tale

14. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In necromancy the spirit of a dead person enters the body of the person channeling and speaks through them. Quite different from praying to God then asking a saint to intervene for you. Yes Joel and I speak a different language than you Celafoe T.G.

4. manatita44 profile image71
    manatita44posted 10 years ago

Many of the early Christian Fathers/Mothers, were Catholics: St Theresa of Avila, St Augustine, St. John of the Cross, Julien of Norwich, Meister Eckhart, Padro Pio of Petronela ... the lists are endless.

Since your question seems literal, I cannot answer. Rather, many men and women of God who became saints were Roman catholics. This includes Theresa of Lieusiuex, Therese Newman, the Stigmatist and Mother Theresa in recent times.

Sure the church has its problems, but it was retained its purity and monasticism more than any other Christian faith I know of. There are many monasteries in our tradition, and many of them or the saints they follow were initially Catholics. Just for the record, I am an Anglican.
    Religion can and does get involved in world affairs, but the books are there for us to read. Each one is accountable before God, I can only hope that when your time comes, that you do not blame the Catholic church.

1. profile image0

Different faiths have different views on Saints. The Catholic Church will Canonize certain individuals for what they did while living, like Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II.and many others going back for centuries.

5. profile image0
    JoelMcLendonposted 10 years ago

No Christian church truly follows the Bible. There may be an occasional Christian who does, but I doubt they would call themselves Christian for too long.

1. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you are referring to the church, you have only a small point. They are individuals and as human as you and I. They also have to grow. Still, they are part of God's plan and do fill a need. Nothing comes out of an empty void.

2. profile image0

I would like to know if you consider yourself a Christian and if so, what basis are you assuming that there may only be a Christian and why would it only be a short term belief. You answer is lacking in substance.

3. profile image0

Larry No I am not a Christian, I am Jewish and I don't feel the Christian church follows God's word. They follow Paul's. If anyone learned the truth of God's word they could not call themselves Christians. Paul's letters  were not intended for Bible

4. profile image0

JoelMcClendon, since you are Jewish and I will assume you follow your faith,  we are going to disagree. As a Jew you do not accept that Jesus was the son of God who died for our sins. As a Christian, I accept that plus that Jews are the chosen people

5. profile image0

I think saying the Holy Ghost caused Mary to conceive is blasphemy of the utmost. Aren't we all God's children who obey Him and keep His commandments?

6. profile image0

You are right Larry, Joel and I don't believe Yahshua was the messiah, the Jewish Messiah is yet to come. If one prophecy is not fulfilled, a person can't be the Messiah. Yahshua (Jesus)  failed to fulfill many of them

6. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 10 years ago

NO they do not follow the bible.    They have literally hundreds of teachings and false tales that are contrary to the scriptures.    Though they will tell you otherwise , just look it up in their teachings.     They say and consider mary as co-redemptriss with Jesus when scripture says there is ONE WAY through the man Christ Jesus..   Scripture says , as a warning to us of false doctrines, "call no man father", but they call their priests (false ministers) "father".   Srcipture says all believers are "saints" but they have a total different teaching.   I could go on but the fact that they consider mary a co redemptrix is all I need to reject this false cult.

1. profile image0

Catholics believe God created the earth. He chose Mary to be the mother of his only begotten son, Jesus. Jesus walked among men preaching the word of God and was then Crucified so that we may be forgiven for our sins. Basic Christianity & Catholi

2. celafoe profile image54

yes but you left out all the unscriptural garbage they add to negate basics

3. profile image0

Celafoe--You are entitled to your beliefs. They are incorrect. I don't know if you just don't like Catholics, like to argue or have been terribly misinformed. I hope some day you understand Christianity and the Catholic.Search my name to find my hub.

4. celafoe profile image54

Sorry larry either you choose to be deceived or just do not understand the scriptures but i stand by scripture and the apostate catholic church has made too many of their own doctrines which  are contrary  to scripture to be a Christian religion

5. profile image0

Celafoe:
      I am sorry for you. I will pray for you. God has answered many of my prayers in ways I could recognized, sometimes my wish may not had been part of his plan. Our discussion is completed. Have a good day and may God Always Bless You.

6. profile image0

When Yahshua said “I am the way” He spoke not of himself but of God
      John 12:49
      For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
      John 14:10, John 8:28

7. profile image0

Calling a man Father is what Paul taught. Celafoe, you follow a false doctrine too, it's just that yours is a little different from Larry's. The tares remain with the wheat till that day to come It's up to you to know tares from wheat

8. celafoe profile image54

DS still spreading your lies about Christianity .   Paul NEVER taught that , in fact he taught the opposite .   take your false teaching back to the jewish site where it belongs.

9. profile image0

Ms. Sexton, we do not group celafoe and me together.  I also learn that faith is accepted and not proved. Celafoe offers no credentials, but his own studies. He has a right to his beliefs. I question his claims in his profile. I question his views.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)