Will You Vote For Donald Trump For President? If Yes Why? If Not Why Not?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)
  1. vveasey profile image71
    vveaseyposted 8 years ago

Will You Vote For Donald Trump For President? If Yes Why? If Not Why Not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12853319_f260.jpg

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image74
    Zubair Ahmedposted 8 years ago

NO...as far as I have learnt about him.. he is not a nice man and the only thing he thinks about is himself and money.  General public have no chance on his radar. One should vote a person that has and will look out for the people he leads and represents not the otherway rund.  Which is what will happen IF he gets in.

3. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

No. I find everything he says repulsive, and I believe our country deserves someone who is more in touch with the people, and less concerned with his brand. He's an empty package, wrapped in sound bites. He's not qualified to be our president, and he's certainly not capable of speaking with other world leaders. He should go back to reality TV, where he belongs.

4. pagesvoice profile image73
    pagesvoiceposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't elect Trump for meter maid. He has lived a privileged, spoiled brat life and has been a bully even as a child. He is insulting, demeaning and belittles his enemies. He does not know one thing about compromise or negotiating. Trump makes everything about him and it is either his way or the highway. Trump's spirit isn't about change. Trump's driving force is all about nastiness, sarcasm, self-promotion, and, of course, egotism. In my opinion, Trump and his wife, a former nude model, would dirty the White House.

5. iggy7117 profile image92
    iggy7117posted 8 years ago

He is unpredictable and that scares me, I do like that he calls it as he sees it. There are issues that politics have shied away from because it would not get them votes and he jumps right into them.

I feel we need to stop catering to foreigners and leave them in their country. The immigration thing has to stop, they come here and work under the table then collect food stamps and other assistance that taxpayers cover.  He has mentioned these issues and I want something done about them. I fear what he will do though.

My biggest fear with Trump is knowing he can start a nuclear war.
    Out of all the people running he is not a life long politician and I think we need a change.

I am still undecided.

6. Medvekoma profile image83
    Medvekomaposted 8 years ago

Four comments against him already, so let me play the Devil's advocate.

I think many who choose Donald Trump as their preferred president do it because of one simple reason: He provides answers. Now those answers don't have to be plausible, I too know they are quite lunatic sometimes. But where others debate, he gets ahead of them by proposing solutions, even if those are out-of-our-world crazy.

Another thing that may be getting him all the votes is the fact that he's a populist in a sense. He resembles the old Athenian demagogues in the sense that he 'creates' his own scapegoats and provides solutions to take care of them. The truth doesn't matter, he 'knows the problem' and 'knows the answer' while other candidates tend to debate 'around the problem' without ever trying to give an answer.

That's where Trump gets a lot of votes, I think. A pipe broke in your home and everyone's just standing by, shaking their heads and debating what broke the pipe. Trump steps forward, points at your brother and tells all the seven or so people there that 'HE BROKE IT' and proposes to punish him.

Will those standing by continue to argue? No. Will they accept Trump's verdict? Probably not. Will they get hooked and dive into an argument as to why it wasn't your brother doing it? Yes. And from that moment on, Trump is the one guiding the agenda and the man that seems to be in control.

Once again, this is just to further some discussion here. I dislike him because he seems to be volatile. Really volatile as a politician.

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would love to have a better option, but if it came between Hillary and Trump, it would be Trump, without a moment's hesitation.

7. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

The answer is fear based. I am afraid if I say that I will vote with him people will not like me. I am afraid to leave our tradition of politicians being politicians and beltway monsters. For decades I know what those fellows will do and it is often "the devil you know that is more secure".
    I am reserved in most circumstances and I kind of shun grandiose. I pretty much say and do to get along and not rock the boat. But I called a nice gal the other day a lady and she nearly took a swing at me, Well I held the door open and tipped my head and said ma'am. That is just crazy that it is not PC.
    Did Obama make me look at Black people differently? Will Trump help me to be not afraid of what I say? Well Obama did nothing to change my views of Black people. They are no more equal than they were ten years ago.
    I just think that I would rather squirm at non-PC verbage than have to put up with it anymore. And be sure that is not just words we use but attitude.
    Unless another candidate can show themselves as someone who will really evoke change -- you people have made me stuck with Trump.

8. Findecano profile image61
    Findecanoposted 8 years ago

I don't think Mr. Trump has any idea of anything. I don't really think he has an agenda beyond his own egotistic and genetically bred bigotry, but his speech is nothing less than populist fascism.
    He is appealing to the inner conflicts and demons of ignorant citizens to inflame the yearning for an America that is not real. There is nothing factual or intellectual in his proposal, it’s just blabbing what people want to hear, because they have no defense against it, because they don't know. That’s where that kind of bull strikes, at hearts that is not prepared to be wary of this kind of political criminal.
    Talking about some golden age from the past, in this case America, suggesting that the people from that America have been deceived and displaced and blaming all of their misery on another group, on top of proposing the getting rid of them, in Trump's case immigrants, are all parallels to the usual speech of Adolf Hitler, the daddy of all populists, of all fascists. Elect a demagogue f*** like that, and people will lose rights.

9. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 8 years ago

No,
    Mr Trump uses fear to get votes. He uses scapegoats too, as an excuse for all the problems. These tactics where once used by Hitler. Mr. Trump is a dangerous man who simply wants to buy his presententsship to enrich himself. Anyone who thinks that Trump cares about the middle class, let alone the poor lies to himself.
    Trump will ruin America and will love another crisis and make one, because a crisis is good for the top 1%. Don't fool yourself.

10. Ken Burgess profile image77
    Ken Burgessposted 8 years ago

Lets put the inane fear mongering aside "OMG he can start a Nuclear War!!!" shall we?

The reason why Trump is doing so well is at first he was bombastic, controversial, and that got him attention... that also got him the support of many who feel disenfranchised by the system, over taxed by the system, or just angry with the system.

He is also clearly an 'outsider' and not part of the 'establishment' which many correctly see as the main problem.  Many Americans have caught on to the fact that Rep or Dem don't matter, they all give lip service and then work together to serve the same lobbyists and corporations when they get into office.

The growing majority of voters want someone outside of the establishment, someone like Trump who doesn't tow either Party line, but does his own thing, speaks his mind, and doesn't apologize for having his own views and opinions.

So my answer is YES... if my choice is between him, and the uber-liar and ultra-establishment Clinton... YES I absolutely would vote for him.

I would prefer a Ronald Reagan or even a Mitt Romney, but we don't have such capable and competent candidates running in this year's elections... we're stuck with what we got.

1. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Strange thing is: Trump is a multinational, he is one of those big lobbyists you are talking about. If he comes to power you know for sure that he will use the power to finance his own corporation. which means more 0h contracts, no minimum wage.

2. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Republican elitists have decided they would rather lose the Presidential election with Cruz, so that they can keep their corrupt Washington establishment working as usual, and they can keep filling their pockets at our expense vs. risk Trump change W

3. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Trump doesn't believe in climate change. The biggest problem of the world today. Something that has to be dealt with. Not working on climate change is a danger to our children and our environment.

11. profile image54
    peter565posted 8 years ago

Donald Trump have what it take to be the governor of a state, but he don't have what it take to be the President or even the Secretary of State

12. Reluctant Revival profile image55
    Reluctant Revivalposted 7 years ago

I will not vote for Donald Trump because I am registered independent voter.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)