Will the "Niches" wipe out HP

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years ago

Will the "Niches" wipe out HP

I do not like
    The niching of HP
    And there is no sharing button
    Don't you see
    Will the Niches wipe out HP?

2. Au fait profile image84
    Au faitposted 8 years ago

Are you sure you have your screen open all the way width wise?  My sharing buttons are there as usual.  They won't show, since they're on the side now, unless your screen is open wide enough.

1. Au fait profile image84
      Au faitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just checked.  Share button missing on nitch hubs.  Ad doesn't cover author pic or bio/#of followers or hubs as we discussed previously.  Hubber score drops when your hub is chosen for a nitch.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The share button on you "Mexican Corn in a Cup" that was move to a niche has a share button for fb, twitter, but none for sharing and they want me to "Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account."

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12941218_f260.jpg

Here is what happened when I went to Au fait's hub.
    I found her hub, just like before
    Only I must go through many doors
    It would not allow me to put a comment where I did before
    Now there is red tape galore
    I must sign-in again or I cannot score
    This just became a bore.

4. Kim Bryan profile image96
    Kim Bryanposted 8 years ago

At some point, yes, Hubpages as it is today will no longer exist.  They have to continue to change with what the big search engines demand and it would seem, that's the new fave of Google.

Question is, how long before Hubpages changes until it's no longer suitable for someone?  Only time can answer that question.

Thank you Kim, for your answer, I guess the poets will become members of the Dead Poet's Society.

2. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There may be an alternative very soon for poets and creative writers, Shyron.

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

I am with you on this Jodah, thanks.

4. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am not giving up hope for poets and creative writers. I see & appreciate the opportunity Jodah speaks of. Wisdom! Too, I see there is competition sites for creative work. So, why not consider that as possible? I dun'no, but will publish as I go

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

There will be a niche for creative writing.  It's already been announced.

5. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 8 years ago

Not with conventional thinking at this time, although that may change. The articles come from the 'mother' site - here. At this time you cannot submit an article to a niche site. They get the articles from here at HP. They are vetted and selected by HP admin.

They choose the cream of the crop and the ice cream too. In other words both quality and traffic is considered some how and someway. The ice cream has quality and traffic. The cream has quality. What is not known is what happens to an article that does not perform on the Niche site. Will it be transferred back to the 'mother' site? Otherwise here at HP is milk becoming cream that becomes ice cream or is just pasteurized and sold at the grocery store.

To be considered is there is vast difference with strategy between the niche site and here while some common links to. First, the strategy for the niche site leans much more heavily on being a website with content. Here the focus is on content at a Website. In other words the niche site is the specialty retail store. It is like Kay Jewelers. Here is Walmart with a jewelry department. They both have jewelry and price range varies. But, here at HP the jewelry is made by contracted jewelers.

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have had one hub chose and moved to Pet Helpful, but my most popular and highest traffic hub is on how to make scrambled eggs and it hasn't been considered for the Delishably food hub niche site. I really can't work it out.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Tim,  HP may choose the cream when it comes to the top
      Then it sours, leaving a bitter taste
      And the ice cream melts
      Leaking all over the place
      The HP will it is us the Loyal Writers
      Who keeps a steady pace

3. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand it really either Jodah for choosing. I just see the big picture related to my knowledge of marketing from career days. I worked for a Corp. with 24 retail stores & 2 warehouses for product. I see that picture for distribution.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Christie stated that niche hubs that lose traffic will still remain on the site because they won't hurt it.

I have also been told that what is happening now is just the first pass.  Once all the sites are up, they'll be going through hubs again.

6. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

Hubpages niches is a last ditch effort perhaps to satisfy the Google Gods. I wish they weren't so dependent of G.   My other writing sites get most of their traffic from Bing and yahoo.
    The writers who haven't been picked for the niches will suffer the most. Some of us have been here supporting the site for over 9 years. I am entering the 8th year this summer.I feel a little sad and discounted due to the new niches. It creates some animosity between the writers.

Stacie, thank you!
      I hope there's animosity
      At least there's none from me
      It you hub gets niched
      That's how it will be
      I would rather be creative
      But, that is just me
      Blessings and happy Easter

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Choosing hubs is going to take a log time because there will be so many niches.  Just because they don't choose you now does not mean you won't be chosen later

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years ago

Nobody knows what will happen, but one thing for sure is that the basic hubpages site is changing.

Although the best of the best are being moved to the niche sites, there will still be many good articles on HP, and I think there may be enough of them to keep them going.

Also, the portal to the niches will be the HP site, so people will continue to write there with hopes of having articles moved later.  They will undoubtedly be taking much more care with their writing if that is their goal, that's for sure.

It will be interesting to see what happens, but one thing I know for sure:  HP was in trouble and without the niche sites it probably would have failed.  It may do this in the end, anyhow, but if so, at least the niche sites will still be standing.

Thanks Time Traveler2 for the comment, let us hope you are right.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)