Awesome traffic lately

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Yesterday I saw Paul had written that no-one was celebrating their increased traffic and I had a little chuckle.

Like many others who've been here a long time, we've been hammered by Google updates many a time and ridden lots of traffic roller coasters. I haven't wanted to jinx myself - it's exciting to see those numbers increase and really deflating when they crash. 

But....this time things look like they're really on the up.

The high traffic levels have been very stable and the way the network sites look quality wise I can't see things dropping suddenly again.

So I'm going to let myself celebrate!!

Yesterday was my best traffic day ever on Hubpages. Over 17k visitors. That makes this month at over 400k my best month ever too.

I'm hoping to soon beat my best ever monthly earnings also.

The HubPro editing has had such a massive impact on some of my articles and for the network sites as a whole.

Good moves Paul and the team! You've slowly brought Hubpages from the brink. Congrats to you too! And sincerely, thank you.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So pleased for you but wish it was happening my end.   In reality, exactly the opposite seems to be happening.

1. Susana S profile image94
        Susana Sposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that Sally. I had a quick look at your pages and they're not really searchable topics (so wouldn't garner much traffic from search engines), but with a little targeted effort you could do brilliantly with social media traffic.

Especially Pinterest and Facebook.

Is there a reason you haven't got made for pinterest images on your hubs?

1. sallybea profile image95
          sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am getting on average about 500 a day, nothing like yours and get a lot of traffic from Pinterest and Facebook as I belong to a couple of wet felting sites.  My pages do come up on the front page however if anyone is looking for felting topics.  I know that Wrylitt had a great hub for making images for Pinterest so need to visit it and do something about it, thank you.

2. liesl5858 profile image83
      liesl5858posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Susana.

3. DrMark1961 profile image95
      DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have had a few days with higher traffic from social media but what pleases me most about the current traffic is that it is across the board. Since it is also from search engine traffic I hope it has a lot more staying power too. I do not know if it is time to celebrate, but I hit my latest goal of 90K a week. My next goal is 500k a month, and if things keep going this way I may end up getting there soon.
      I think the editing has a lot to do with it too. I am very pleased  with all of the changes around HP in the last few years.

Great new avatar, by the way, but I didnt even realize it was you posting at first! I think I am stuck in an "avatar rut" but I do not feel like changing.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Pretty cool. I'm sure with the continued editing and the ranking changes + the domains getting stronger themselves, 500k a month is not too far away.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95

I broke 100k a week last night. That was cool to see. I am still a way from hitting that 500k/month goal but, as you pointed out, with more editing and all of the work going on at HP I can see that it is within reach!

Congrats! smile

2. janshares profile image94
            jansharesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congrats.

4. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's great to hear, Susana, and thank you for the kind words. smile

5. Coffeequeeen profile image83
      Coffeequeeenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you're getting some really decent traffic there, Susana.  Well done.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Wow Susana, 17k with 53 hubs. If you use the HP ad program, I'm guessing this month should be your best paycheck from HP too smile Congrats!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

My traffic actually took a slight dip over the past few days. (kicks rock)

4. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

It's great that things are going well for some, but I'm saddened that things are either the same or worsening for others. Personally things have dropped off quickly since a year ago but that's okay. You win some, you lose some.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95

I know there are quite a few people who will disagree with this but I think you need to write a lot more. Your subjects are mostly about current technology, and since things change quickly then trends and interest change too. I do not know if you are seeing a drop off in page views because of a lack of interest in those subjects, but if you have more articles it will not matter as much. (If one of my popular articles goes down a few hundred page views a day I may not even notice. The other articles keep the total pretty steady.)

I have plenty of articles that get less than 20 page views a day. It does not matter how much they are edited or improved--there is just no one looking for the information they contain. Check your rankings on Google. Have yours fallen a lot in the last year? If not, it is problem a lack on interest in the subject. If so, check the articles above yours and see what they are covering that you are not.

It may be that they need a lot more editing. Good luck to you.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image91
        Chriswillman90posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your help. I don't know whether to add a lot of content to the articles I already have or write a bunch of new articles.

But you're right that having more articles can definitely soften the blow if a more popular one declines even if they're only getting 10-20 views a day.

5. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

We aren't sure exactly where March will come in, but it's the best month in a long time. 

We've found our legs with premium edits and will be stepping up our investment in the community again!  Looking for six more editors. 

We always encourage folks to write about their passions and experiences.  Articles with depth, expertise, life experience are the ones that really stand out.  A personal anecdote, my most trafficked articles are the ones on my hobby (bbq) and things I needed for my children (baby taking a bottle, gifts ideas).  I earn a several hundred to a few thousand a month from my articles.

Nice! Good luck finding 6 more awesome people.

2. Ilonagarden profile image89
      Ilonagardenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That is very helpful to know. Adjusting to both Google and Hubpages changes makes one appreciate a compass for where to put the most effort. I personally noticed a big improvement in March, which is really encouraging.

6. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

Hi Susana S. I'm seeing the same and celebrating my increasing traffic that has been rising steadily for the past couple months. It really is a good time here at HP after all the ups and downs we've gone through. I just hit 1,000+ views in one day for the first time ever. The changes made by Paul and staff are definitely paying off. I wish the same for all hubbers who have consistently put out quality work and deserve reward. Hang in there guys, soon come.

1. liesl5858 profile image83
      liesl5858posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well done, Janshares.

7. Shesabutterfly profile image93
    Shesabutterflyposted 6 years ago

My traffic has slowly been dwindling the last few days. Not surprised though. I had a huge spike in traffic from a niche site (that caused traffic to more than triple for a single article) and it has sinced dropped down to almost nothing again. It was nice to see 1k+ in traffic for a day while it lasted, especially when my cpm's are on the decline again.

I have other articles that are still holding steady search engine traffic and I'm hopeful traffic will not drop too drastically and I can maintain higher views than I've seen the past few months. I'm excited as things seem to be on the up and up, but I'm not ready to celebrate yet. Too many people are reporting lower or same views and that makes me nervous especially after a huge spike in traffic that lasted a day or two and has pretty much bottomed out now.

Niche site traffic at least for me has never been stable so I'm very skeptical to celebrate any increase in traffic due to any of those sites.

8. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

Its wonderful getting such record breaking traffic lately. Hubpages must be doing something right! wink

9. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

I totally agree with you that the HP editing is almost magical in its ability to massively increase views, Susana!

The nature of HP had changed a lot since I started. It's now really a two tier system. The old HP is still pretty accessible, although there a tighter rules than before. Submitting to the new niche sites is more like writing for a traditional magazine, however, as they may reject you, suggest edits, or accept and make their own changes. There was a certain fun in the old "amateurish free-for-all" of the old HP, but I believe the changes are necessary for survival, and hopefully will lead to a thriving site.

I mainly followed the old Amazon trail to make money in the past, but now it seems possible to earn from the Hub Ads in a meaningful way. That creates something more stable, but way more labour-intensive. I am still playing catch-up to make up for diminished earnings. I also miss the annual Xmas windfall.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, as they say!

Can't help noticing that you changed your profile pic too, Susana! I think it probably does help to have a face behind the writing!

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'm definitely seeing a nice increase. I don't want to say what I'm averaging, but, LOL, it's not quite in Susana territory. I'm not about to sneeze at my numbers though!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)