Associating My Next of Kin PayPal Account with HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (31 posts)
  1. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

Is it possible to associate my next of kin PayPal account with the HubPages ad program? Thanks for your kind reply.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As far as I know, I do not think this is a problem, just update the Paypal email address and it should be fine.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image83
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so because Adsense only allows one account per person which is paid to one bank account and you may mess things up trying to add someone else's paypal account to the HP program.  It would be best to ask the team about this, but I'm betting you can't do it.  Let us know what they say, will you?

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I already did this in 2017.

1. incomeguru profile image95
          incomeguruposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@DrMark1961, so you have been getting paid via it.

Yes, my friend lives in town and since I live in the jungle I use her paypal and bank account now. All you have to do is go into your account page and switch the paypal info.
            I think you can switch adsense too by going in and changing the settings. I have not done this.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image83

I don't think you can change the Adsense information because this payment goes directly to your checking account and is only in your name.

2. incomeguru profile image95
        incomeguruposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Here’s a message from Paul Edmondson: “I believe you can associate any PayPal account that you have the information to.”
        And here’s another one from PayPal concerning this same issue: “We appreciate your effort contacting us about receiving funds. Let me assist you. As long their account can receive funds and their country allows the receiving funds, then you can send them. If you want you can give us the country so that we can check if they have the receiving feature.”

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image83

Here's the answer.  You can only add names to a Paypal account if it is a verified business account.  You cannot add names to a personal paypal account.

PayPal does not offer joint accounts however, if you have Business PayPal account, you can allow other users to access your PayPal account.

Here's how:

Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
      Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
      Click "Manage Users" in the Account Information column.
      Click "Add User".
      Enter the user's name, a user ID and a password. The user will use this ID and password to log in to your PayPal account.
      Check the box for each of the privileges you're allowing this user.
      Click "Save".

As I understand it all he wants to do is add his next of kins paypal account to his HP account. All he would have to do is go the account pages, earnings, and then change the PayPal address. The HP payment will go there.
        Of course, I could be wrong. It would not be the first time, and definitely not the last!

1. robhampton profile image93
          robhamptonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I wondered about this as well. I want to use my wife's email and her PayPal account. I think I just go here and change this to her email right? I should still receive hp payments to that email no matter what address I use.
          https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13970296.jpg

I did not even change the email, just the paypal account.it worked fine.

I think it worked because you changed where the money would be sent.  You did not add another person's name to your Paypal account.  Two different things.

The post I put up above is directly from Paypal...so I don't know how you did this.  I only know what they said in their TOS.  Being a cautious person, I tend to do what people like Paypal tell me to do because I don't want to create a mess for myself.  You really should ask the team about this one.

AdSense is probably a very different thing with PayPal. As far as HP ad program payments, I should just simply be able to change my email address. Wouldn't AdSense work the same? Both HP and AdSense payments are sent to an email address. So say I hate my email because I get 8 million spams a day. I should be able to get a new email address weather it's "mywifesname@whatever. Com" or if it's "mustardhotdogsketchup@whatever. Com" the payment just goes to PayPal via whatever email address you have listed. After that it doesn't matter what you do with the payment. I'm afraid to try this with AdSense though now after reading everything on here lol.

Adsense pays directly to your checking account.  HP sends payments to Paypal.  Two different things.  Yes, you can change your email address with Paypal and Adsense but this is not the same thing as adding another person to your Paypal account.  You can only do that if your Paypal account is denoted a business account, which those of HP writers generally are not and which have other costs and requirements associated with them.  Also, you cannot add another person to your HP account or Adsense account either.  It boils down to something very simple:  one person, one account for each type of account.  You can change emails but you cannot add other people to your account.

Do you know if it is possible to make Paypal the bank account to which Adsense payments are made?

This is from Adsense:

Depending on your payment address, the following payment options may be available to you: Checks, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Wire Transfer and Western Union Quick Cash.

Directly deposited checks seem to be the safest and best (at least in my case) but paypal is not on the list, so I guess the answer is no, you can't use paypal for this purpose.

Makes sense. When I was getting AdSense payments, it would show up on my PayPal pre-paid account  (direct deposit) so therefore my "bank"

This information comes directly from the HP Terms of Service

You acknowledge and agree that you will not publicly disclose Your payments or Earned Balance (including any subcomponents thereof) from the HubPages Earnings Program without prior written consent of HubPages.

Matt was incorrect when he stated in another post that you can reveal your earnings but not your CPMs or CPCs.  You are not allowed to publicly reveal any of it without written permission from the team.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

As far as I know and as TT2 says, you cannot change Adsense payment info. But TT2 you are free to change your HP PayPal info. It's in no way related to Adsense.

Are you saying that even if you closed a bank account and opened an account at another bank that you would not be able to change it?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Adsense? You can't change the payee name. You can't send your adsense payment to your friend unless the friend has the same name too.

Under "add a payment method", there is a slot for beneficiary ID. Is this the name of the bank account holder?

You had best check with Adsense on this one because I thought that would be how I could add my husband but it turned out that this was not the case.  There's something in their guidelines about this.  Be very careful that you don't accidentally mess your account up trying to do this.  Marisa used to know the details but she's not here anymore..

Okay, thanks. I really do not want to change it but was just looking into how to do so.

Even then you can't do it.  I wanted to add my husband to my Adsense, etc and was unable to do so.  He would have to have his own Adsense account.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image83

For Adsense, you can't even send the payment to somebody else., same name or not.  I've looked into this in the past.  One account holder.  One bank account for sending payments.  Now, two people can have a joint bank account if they like, and the payment can go there...but only if it is sent in the Adsense account owner's name.  For example, I have a joint bank account with my husband.  My Adsense payments are directly deposited to that account.  If I should die, my husband would have to remove my name from the account.  Therefore, all Adsense payments would stop.

That is a different situation.  You can change your own information as needed...you just cannot add another person to your account.

One more thing.  If you have a business account with Paypal, you can add names, but having a business account entails having a Tax ID, etc.  I don't think writing articles on an internet site qualifies as being a business.  Furthermore, I'm not sure if Adsense would give payments to a business rather than to an individual.  This is a really important issue that I'd like to know more about because I'd love to be able to have my earnings transferred to my husband in the event of my death.

Yes, but the OP is talking about adding another person to the account.  I don't believe you can do that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)