Eating While loosing weight

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)
  1. NunezWillLearn profile image61
    NunezWillLearnposted 14 years ago

How many of you agree that eating will reduce your weight while fasting can even increase it?

1. FredAnthonyGarza profile image61
      FredAnthonyGarzaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree! God made food for a reason we just have to be responsible with it! I  love food and am blogging about it here on hubpages! I know am going to be losing weight and am not depriving my self but I am eating better then ever before. Please check out my hubpage blog  Please become a follower and read my blog maybe we can help each other! I am sharing my experience and recipes will be posting some recipes tomorrow.  All original!

check it out at
      http://hubpages.com/hub/ConcessionsofaFoodaholic

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Goodness, you look extraordinarily like Cameron Diaz...

Yes, I agree that fasting is counter-productive because it will slow your metabolism.

3. NunezWillLearn profile image61

@Marisa Wright: Thank You for the compliment lol
    Actually, I tried several things and still try out new techniques to healthy and fatless diet. And discovered that fasting decreases the metabolism rate . hence slowing down your fat burning process

4. Patti Ann profile image59
    Patti Annposted 14 years ago

I agree that eating the right foods will help you lose weight.  I don't have the willpower to fast - so I have never tried it.  Strangely, I have found that what I eat after lunch has the biggest effect on weight gain or loss.  If I don't eat anything but meat and veggies after lunch, I will lose weight regardless of what I eat earlier in the day.  Don't know if it's just me.

5. NunezWillLearn profile image61

@Patti Ann: I absolutely agree with you. I am a bit figure conscious person but on the contrary I love food. I researched on diet and tried many things. And then I discovered that "Carbohydrate" is the culprit. Food that contain "carbohydrate" are biscuit, cake, cookies, bread etc. Eat not more than 1 cup carbohydrate a day and you will stay slim. instead you can eat chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit. But the chicken should be like Indian kebabs and tandooris. They taste awesome and are cooked without oil.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 14 years ago

Eating less meat, more vegetables, beancurd and fruits could lose weight. Fasting or go on diet would worsen the matter. Eat 3 times a day. Never skip breakfast. Nuts and cereal are good for snacks instead of junk food.

1. sweetjulie profile image59
      sweetjulieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very right, if you skip breakfast, you will only get fatter

7. Merchant Services profile image61
    Merchant Servicesposted 14 years ago

Eating right has always been the proper way to loose weight.  Lean protein, low fat, low sodium diets work the best for me.

8. TysonFaulkner profile image60
    TysonFaulknerposted 14 years ago

Fasting is definitely no way to lose weight. Even if you fast for a few days and lose a couple pounds, you're going to have to start eating again sometime. And when you do, the weight will come back because your body will be preparing for the next time it has to go without food for days at a time.

The only real solution is to eat healthy by sticking to natural foods (fruit, vegetables, meat) and staying away from processed food.

9. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day can increase the speed of your metabolism.

10. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Clearly you can not gain weight by fasting.  The body reduces fat (stored energy) or muscle tissue... to compensate for a lack of caloric intake.

Simply put your body needs X amount of calories each day.  You eat more than that and weight is gained, less and weight is lost.

Why do people think there is some magic way to trick the science of nature?

It's a very simply process to understand... but people keep looking for some magic weightloss remedy that flys in the face of science.

Educate yourself on how the body works.

What matters is not "weight" what matters is health.

11. profile image0
    Michelle Grooveposted 14 years ago

Totally agree Mike NV. People might try fasting then when it comes to finally eat they are so hungry and feel so deprived that they end up eating massive amounts of food which more than make up for what they previously didn't eat. Then when the weight is put back on some may think it was because they fasted - not remembering how much they actually ended up eating in total. Also, when people start telling of the ills of carbohydrate intake, they often talk about high fat foods such as cookies, cakes, and bread which is usually spread with butter/margarine. Carbohydrates are often not the culprit but the high fat that comes with some carbohydrate foods.

12. dan91123 profile image54
    dan91123posted 14 years ago

Yes, fasting will allow you to lose weight faster. But truthfully at what cost? To lose weight and keep it off involves making a life change, not just dieting for 5 months to lose weight and then going back to old habits. Everyone has that friend who lost 30 pounds on an extreme diet only to gain the weight back in just a few years because they could not keep it up and reverted to old habits. Their body was tired and starved. Change your life, eat healthy but learn to satiate your body and I promise you will lose weight and keep it off for life.

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image59
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok heres a tip to people who want to learn HOW to eat.. if you have a slow carb a fast carb and a protein in your diet everytime you eat you will lose weight and your metabolism will increase... slow carbs are things like fruits veggies whole grains and oats and stuff like that... fast carbs are stuff like potatoes rice icecream and stuff like that... proteins im sure we all know what those are meats fish chicken stuff like that.. if u want a whole list of what foods are exactly fast carbs and slow carbs it is sort of hard to find but looking and writing down more and more of what you find is helpful i have found... also the point is to NOT cut out carbs or calories its HOW you eat WHAT you eat and HOW much of it... if u have more slow carbs with your meal you are well on your way no matter what it is as long as u have a slow carb and more of it then the fast carb it is much much better for the metabolism and your health...

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image59
        greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

always follow that one golden rule of limiting your intake of fast carbs doesnt mean u have to never have them just make sure u moderate them and make sure u have plenty of slow carbs in your diet as long as you have that it will outdo the bad carbs

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)