Cris Carter Shafted Again

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

NFL HOF Class of 2010: Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Russ Grimm, Rickey Jackson, and John Randle Flyod Little . . .

When will Cris Carter get in ..

So no Cris Carter, no Shannon Sharpe, no Andre Reed, no Tim Brown. Me no like.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmm......? Oh well. I guess they'll wait yet another year. Not much I can say, I did not vote for them, considering I don't get a vote. smile

What's up shari? How are you today? smile

wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Ray . . Im fine . . looking forward to the Bowl tomorrow which I know you wont be watching but maybe will take a peek or two into . . I have already gone through my Football withdrawal. . heheheh

Just think now of all the time I will have to write about other more important things. . heheheh like who is the best running back ever. . lol

And how are you today .. hope you have a big smile on your face as you read this one. .

sending you much love and light from me snowed in Pa....

Yeah, I have no interest in the game tomorrow. But, I hope you enjoy it. smile As for the best running back ever? I'm not sure Emmitt Smith is in the conversation. And, yes I am aware of his stats.

I still think Walter Payton has him beat. smile Even, I know a talented runner when I see one, Walter Payton gets his due.

Emmitt Smith wasn't the runner Walter Payton. But, I guess it's debateable. lol lol lol

Btw- stay warm in the snowy PA? lol Snow not due to hit my area until Wednesday. smile

Agree on Walter but Emmitt did beat his record. . . i guess that makes the debate. . lets give Emmitt his due for he was the dancing with the stars winner one season...lol

u wont even peek or check to see who is winning tomorrow>>>

Snow is headed to ny on tues. . i so have had enuf of winter. . my skin is green  .. i need sun!!!!

2. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Sometimes it is weird how the HOF selection committee votes players in the HOF. I am still surprised after all this time that the likes of Charles Haley and "Too Tall" Jones are still not in the HOF.

at least too tall has a commercial. . . but Emmit did your Boys proud today  . . .did you see him get all choked up when he was on with Rice. . sent chills up my spine.....

1. Michael Willis profile image68
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I did. He was great! He was a great player/person on and off the field. He gave credit to those around him in players and family. He was funny at times also. Emmitt is a class act.

3. ShaunMasterton profile image61
    ShaunMastertonposted 14 years ago

I'm annoyed that Richard Dent didn't get in, he been finalist 6 times out of 7 years and still not in. He is the Bears all time sack leader, He was named Super Bowl XX MVP, was an integral part of a championship defense that is considered one of the best in NFL history and was voted to four Pro Bowls.

how in the world does he keep getting over-looked, heck middle linebacker Mike Singletary and defensive lineman Dan Hampton are inducted and they played on same team as Dent.

1. ShaunMasterton profile image61
      ShaunMastertonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oops , forgot to add that yeah Cris Carter does belong in the HOF as well. lol I went on a rant over Richard Dent and forgot to say.

Im still amazed at your love and knowledge of American football Shaun .. from where did it stem from . .i mean considering where you are!!!

Thanks for your shout out to some others that deserve to wear the yellow jacket..

Was 7 year old when the 85 bears did there thing, my dad watched NFL back then. I just thought Walter Payton diving over the oline/dline into the end zone for a TD was the coolest thing ever. I also loved watching william perry just crushing people to the point, it just wasn't fair. Since then I been a fan of the bears and the game.

Remember the morning after the superbowl, I got up for school, I rushed down the stairs to get the torn piece of paper with the score written on it by my dad. I knew my dad would leave for me, he had stayed up to watch the superbowl, I wanted to watch but I was only 7 lol

one of the very few days I went to school happier than a kid on christmas day lol

shaun , , i think that memory has the making of one hellof a great HUB!!

thank you for suggestion and done smile

and read

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Yes, I'll give Emmitt his due. He was great on Dancing with the Stars. I thought he did awesome. It was really cool.

And, no I'm not going to peek either. I'm more interest in what's happening with the RedSox now. They made so many acquistions of the winter so far.

So, much there to watch. Plus, I do write hubs every now and again. lol lol

And, there is always time better spent here than watching a game I have no interest in watching to begin with? Boring or not be bored? Not a hard decision there. lol

ok well then like it or not I am going to be sending you updates, , , hehehehehe

I would not need updates, since I have no interest in the game. Hmmmmm......? hmm

lol lol lol lol lol

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

On second thought, why would you send them to me, if I didn't want them to begin with?

Isn't the cruelty? lol lol

SPAM? Unsolicited Emails from other people? Hmmmm? lol lol

lol lol lol tongue

6. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

Was Charles Hailey eligible this year?

Haley was one of the 2010 finalists; however, he was not selected.
      Haley was inducted into the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame in 2006.

1. drej2522 profile image68
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

surprising...even if he was a Cowgirl! He was awesome...

Haley has the distinction of being the only player in NFL history to have been on five Super Bowl-winning teams. Playing for the San Francisco 49ers from 1986–1991, he won a ring from Super Bowl XXIII and XXIV following the 1988 and 1989 seasons, respectively. After having a personal conflict with 49ers head coach George Seifert and a physical confrontation with quarterback Steve Young, Haley was traded to the Dallas Cowboys in the 1992 off-season, with whom he won three more Super Bowl rings over the next four seasons{ in 1992 (Super Bowl XXVII), 1993 (XXVIII), and 1995 (XXX).

pretty impressive .. .

7. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

so drej2522....who u like for tomorrow??

all right, I want the Saints...I really do...but my gut says Peyton is going to pull it off. Really, I just want it to be close, no blowouts!

so how is your gut feeling today?

you know drej ..  i have often heard it say . . you gotta go with your gut....and obviously your gut was dead on . .

it was a great game. .

heya wavegirl!!

yah, it was a great game. If only Peyton didn't throw that interception...don't get me wrong, I'm happy the Saints won, but I would've liked to see it come down to the wire. 2 minutes left, score tied...Brees with the ball. Ehhh, oh well!

Congrats New Orleans! I think the city really needed it!

8. jellydonut25 profile image60
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

I always though Andre Reed was a better WR than Michael Irvin (who is already in the HOF) but the HOF committee puts SO much emphasis on Superbowl rings it's actually a little bit disappointing...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)