jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Did Adam have a belly button?

1. CosetteClareese profile image59
    CosetteClareeseposted 2 years ago

Did Adam have a belly button?

I know this is a ridiculous question,but I have always wonder this. I honestly have no idea.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12665713_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    rishabh doshiposted 2 years ago

yes, books say so..it is of course peculiar to feel the god (considering him as one) having belly button

CosetteClareeseposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What books specifically? I would love to read about this! It is rather humorous to me.

2. profile image0
      rishabh doshiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

well you can prefer, Bill Nye's "undeniable evolution and the science of creation"

3. CosetteClareese profile image59

I will look into that! Thank you.

4. celafoe profile image62
      celafoeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

cosette-- you will not get truth frome nye,  only supposition--- be careful

3. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

I don't know. Let's dig up his skeleton and do an autopsy. Oh wait, we can't. So, I guess we shall never know the answer.
    Logic dictates that he would NOT have a belly button since he didn't have need of an umbilical cord. He was not "born of woman", and did not have a mother at all if you believe in the "Tales of Genesis" from the Christian bible.
    You do know how belly buttons are formed, right?

Yes I do know how belly buttons are formed. I agree looking at it logically they would not have a belly button. The thing is on every depiction I have seen of Adam and Eve they always have belly buttons.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Would evidence of a belly button be found on a skeleton that is 4-5000 years old?

3. Austinstar profile image87
      Austinstarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No, it would not. The umbilical cord is soft tissue and would decay rather rapidly. But I would be able to count the ribs! Is one missing? The one that was removed to create mythical eve.

4. Nadeem Koudsi profile image81
    Nadeem Koudsiposted 2 years ago

Well, in Islam there are no references to weather Adam peace be upon him had a belly button or not. And logic can go both ways; go created Adam without a mother nor a father so logic would suggest he didn't have belly button yet also God created Adam as a normal human being and to be the father of all humanity so logic would suggest that Adam has all the qualities of normal people hence a belly button.
    There is no way to be certain.

That is very interesting considering that God could have created Adam with a belly button even though he was not mother born. Thank you.

5. newjerusalem profile image81
    newjerusalemposted 2 years ago

The Bible says that Adam was created -- not born like other human beings. Hence, he might have been created without belly button. I think, to say that Adam and Eve didn't have belly button is logically a right assumption.

working