Need some advice on this one.....

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. medina112 profile image61
    medina112posted 14 years ago

I have a little problem, my brother is searching for his long lost daughter, he only saw her up to 6 months old. Long story short we don't think that daughter knows her father is alive, we think the the mother has told her he is dead.
    So guys out there any ideas how i can help him with his search...she would be about 22 years old now turning 23 on the 6th of june this year, most likely have hazel or brown eyes, dark hair..
    Would truly appreciate any help...

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It actually is not so hard to trace people, hard to trace the daughter because you know little about her - but the mother should be easy, and her parents maybe even easier.  Most people do not move far from their roots so one or more of the people you must know about will likely still be around the same place.

medina112posted 14 years agoin reply to this

the mother may have remarried again and not sure what her new name is, but we cannot contact her as she will not give any info. but thanks anyway for the info
        we have an idea of the suburb she may be living, but the address unsure of.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard that the Mormons are brilliant at tracing people. Why not contact them?

3. mod2vint profile image60
      mod2vintposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try myspace and facebook, my daughter just located her fathers mother whom I had only met one time many many years ago through facebook. Her half sister and brother through myspace.

Will get my niece to try that one out as she is always on face book, not sure about myspace? Is that the same as facebooK?

1. mod2vint profile image60
          mod2vintposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Myspace has been around longer than facebook, I really don't use either one but the younger 20something and down love to use it.

Thanks again might try my daughter on that one

4. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Believe it or not if the mother owns any property it is to be found under google search. If I google myself i get the usual high school reunion sites but if you do the name and court documents you will come closer to finding the person unless it's like Jane Smith or something.

good idea but not sure what the mother's new name could be she may have remarried two or three times since....

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
          Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You see marriage is a court document, starting with last known name, then you find the new one. Another source, if he has ANYTHING that runs in the family, such as blood-pressure, Diabetics, Cancer, esp. Breast cancer, then he can contact RED CROSS telling them he just wants to get medical history to his daughter. This works, when they find her he has to follow instructions for what the letter can contain. Then it is up to his daughter to reply to the address she receives of his. This really works and has united families of my personal circle of friends.

So how do i find out her last married name besides my brothers, i heard she remarried not sure if she left him too i know her maiden name but that's it....not sure if we can do this as the privacy act may not allow us

2. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

there is a new tv show that helps find long lost relatives...cant remember the name of it tho

My niece, her half sister, is trying to do something like that...thanks for the help

3. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I found my half-sister who was kept a secret from me.  I had almost NOTHING to go on as a result. I did a ton of internet research, went through public records, etc...  I found my friend's daughter's birth father through Facebook.  It's amazing how many people dismiss FB as a great free source.  If you need additional information, let me know...

thanks for the info...have tried a bit on facebook, but its a bit hard when you are unsure what name she is going under, or what she may look like, we only have a baby photo to go by. Any other info would be great!

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I do a lot of genealogy research and I am thinking that a lot of the same tips might apply I would suggest first just google her her mom and her grandparents and see where that goes.

thanks for advice...tried that no luck...

5. Sanarya profile image62
    Sanaryaposted 14 years ago

I am 33 years old. I met my real father at 17. I had always feel like something was missing in my life and I felt whole again after I had met him and his familly.
    I have personnally look for him. Because my mum did not give a load of infos about him it was like searching a needle in a hay stack. to cut the story short I end up searching where he was from and look for anyone that was bearing the same name and was from the same family. once successfull I left my contact and I receive a few weeks later a call from dad.
    I hope my story inspire U and your brother in your search.
    Good luck

Lovely story, hope it works out for my brother as good as yours did.
      I will suggest he contacts with someone i just thought off that may have some more info for him and possibily a recent photo or address...
      Thanks again

6. ThePartyAnimal profile image61
    ThePartyAnimalposted 14 years ago

The TV show is called The Locator - you can write a letter to the show and maybe you might get picked, but don't wait for that. I think his best bet is to hire an investigator if he really wants this - they know what to look for. Also remember even if she is found she may not want to be - so be prepared for that too - not all of these stories end up the way we want. Good Luck and I really hope it all works out for you and your family.

Yes i understand that..but it's more for him than for me. I will suggest that to him and see what he thinks..thanks again.
      By the way is the show you are talking about only in the states?

7. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

go to publicrecords.com and you can put in her birthdate and birthparents or just her name (it will cost you some money) but you will find out all you need to know...it works.  Also, go through Associatepress.com do a search on her name or the mother's name and see what you find. Hope this helps and best of luck to you all.

Hey thanks for that will try, thanks for the websites wasn't sure where to go....are these sites good all over the world?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)