Importance Of Adsense Targetable Channels For Website Creators

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. mailxpress profile image52
    mailxpressposted 14 years ago

Hello All,

It's 3/31/10.

In addition to writing at several revenue sharing websites I create free websites.

I put together two very good websites.  I tweaked them each week and all of a sudden they are looking good, professional and have good content.

I added three Adsense Link Units to the top of each page of my websites and they fit in very nicely in addition to the Ad Units throughout my websites.

I then signed into my Adsense account and made the Channels Targetable.  I want advertisers to bid on the real-estate ads on my websites.

I wanted to put this Forum together to share what I have done and will keep all of you informed.  I'm hoping to see a huge increase to my Adsense revenue this month.

From what I have read, watch videos and then learned, when webmasters create Targetable Channels Google Adsense evaluates the websites performance then informs Advertisers about your website and the Ad placements (where the ads are located throughout your website).

I look forward to any suggestions or any of your experience with creating Targetable Channels.

I want to master Google Adsense once and for all.

mailxpress

1. Affiliate Reviews profile image59
      Affiliate Reviewsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just read your post on Adsense. If you are positioning your websites and blog sites to be adsense monetized sites you will also want to drive as much traffic to those sites as possible.

While the targeted channels are good to work with in an effort to get the PPC/Adwords marketers to bid on your sites real estate, they will also want to know how much daily traffic you are getting to that particular site.

Your niche will also dictate the amount of revenue share you will gain from each click.

Advertisers in high compete markets pay a larger CPC or "cost per click"

You will also notice that many advertisers are looking more closely at CPI "CPI" which will also affect your earnings.

At this time Google does not let the Publishers in on what the actual EPC
      "Earning Per Click"  is on each ad unit link.

There has been some discussion on this topic as to weather or not the big "G" will share that information with us or not in the future.

Mastering Google AdSense, is really a matter of the amount of traffic to your site first and foremost.

The second consideration is ad placement, color scheme that ties in enough to your site to where it looks like a part of your post when placed in the content areas and screams out on side panels.

I hope this helps you out a bit.

One additional tid bit for you all... Understand that the copy you are creating in your content should be generated with LSI "latent semantic indexing" This is when you create the relative keywords within your posts that convey specific targeted keywords to the search bots. Basically Spider Language... I will write a post on this for you all soon.

Rhonda

2. profile image31
    homecarelearningposted 14 years ago

Hi There
    I am just done the same i have so far done two sites but i hall in total 75 sites and i am working on the channels and putting the codes in at present.

So I am also waiting to see the results I want to master the code to adsense.

Did you put keywords in your sites and meta tags?

Thanks for sharing

Homecarelearning

mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi homecarelearning,

I guess we'll both find out if channel targeting works.  I hope it does.

Yes, I choose either five or seven keywords or phrases.

I'll visit this Forum topic many times again to share the outcome.  I want to know if it works for you too.  Have a great day.

mailxpress

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Well I am no guru but it sounds like you have done some good work there. Do you have articles on sites like this one pointing to your site as well? Many of the revenue share and from what I understand all of this builds on itself so to speak, creating a web of ad exposures that increases your chances of being given valuable ads. I would love to hear how things progress!

Hi Kirstenblog,

Yes, in most of my Hubs I have links to my websites.  I placed the links in Hubs which fit the topic.  I also promote Hubpages on almost all of my websites.

I will be back soon to fill people in if I see an increase in revenue.
      mailxpress

2. mailxpress profile image52

Hello Kirstenblog,

So far so good.  I do place Hubpages banners and links all over each website I create and just today someone wrote me who is considering joining Hubpages.  I hope they do.

I do belong to a handful of revenue sharing websites.  It does add up and creating backlinks does work to increase traffic and increase revenue.

It took me a year to reach the hundred dollar minimum with Adsense.  I received my check a week ago.  What a wonderful feeling.  I feel I will hit the minimum each month now because of all the work I have done and put together.  I will be more than happy to let you know if I do.  I hope I can do it.

Filter Ads, creating channels and placing Ad and Link Units posted to my own websites has increased my revenue.  Not splitting the revenue is great but I can tell you I have earned revenue from Hubpages too.  I check the channels I created within my Adsense Account and a lot of the time the revenue earned comes from Hubpages.

I also belong to Infobarrel and twice I earned DOLLARS from Infobarrel.  I have Infobarrel on my profile.  Anyway, joining a handful of different revenue sharing websites do add up.

What so great about creating websites myself is that I earn multiple streams of income.  I use Kontera, InfoLinks, PubMarketplace, Adsense and chitika and all of a sudden it's paying off.  I will continue to grow my Internet business each and every week.

One more thing to add is that do you realize many Hubbers earn streams of income?  I write here at Hubpages and I earn revenue with Adsense and Kontera.  I don't do so well with Amazon and Ebay did not approve me but maybe in due time they will.  I believe people don't realize they are generating streams of income when a website offers different ways to earn.  That just hit me today.  Hubpages allows me to earn streams of income.  Every little bit helps.

OK, keep working hard everyone and I'm thinking of the next Hub I should write.  Have a great night.

mailxpress

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)