Baby Shower Starting a Business Making Gifts for Baby Party Supplies Shower Favors or Cake
Baby Shower Invitations, Favors and Decorations
Baby Shower Business Ideas
Have you ever thought about starting a baby shower business? Then you may of thought about all the things involved in planning a baby shower. There are many areas to pick from to specialize in, It is sometimes easier to pick a special area and market just that. Start of by answering, "What can I create and do well?" Creating invitations, making a baby gift, creating cool party decorations. This type of business can work well for stay at home moms that want to work from home.
Let's explore some ideas on the kind of business, products or service you can offer:
- Baby shower signs for the yard or banners for door and part of indoor décor
- Party invitations
- Baby Announcements
- Thank you cards
- Gift wrapping and tags,
- Shower favors, gifts
- Baby shower decorations
- Party supplies (napkins, plates, cups)
- Shower games
- Many kinds of baby gifts
- Nursery decorations and baby room needs.
- Personalization of any items
- Gifts are anything from every day baby needs and products to gift baskets, creative new ideas, clothing, making baby shoes or baby blankets.
- Food and catering is another aspect, but genrally a little more expensive to start then most of the other baby shower things.
- Photography, videography and creating slideshows.
- Educational baby gifts
- Baby Books
- Crib bedding
- Baby albums, scrapbooking, individual scrapbook pages.
- Vintage shower decorations and centerpieces.
- Vintage repurposed into beautiful, safe nursery wall décor.
Themes and trends will guide you in areas you have a passion for and meet the needs of customers. Research current, modern and vintage styles, then focus on what appeals to you and your abilities to create that style. Explore the current trends, many people like to coordinate the baby shower around the nursery décor or around their most favorite thing or colors. It is good to learn about current baby room designs to apply insight into this business. Yes, cartoons and current baby and children's books will share themes too.
You have options from creating things yourself or purchasing wholesale products and reselling them on your website, blog or store.There are many affiliate options too, but you may want to only pick one or two and list the link in emails to your subscribers rather than filling your website with them.
Event planner. You don't hear about it as much with baby showers unless you are a home party business and that is incorporated into the baby shower. I think an event planner at a reasonable price would benefit many women. Not everyone can pull it all together like a planner can. A career mom and her friends may just lack the time to plan. Hiring a professional is a worthwhile investment to ensure it is a perfectly planned party.
Green or Eco Friendly showers represent a personal need to think of the earth; while reducing waste and reusing items. We are all trying to conserve more, it is great when you can offer things that are recycled, reusable and reduce waste. How about taking lovely antiques and decorating them to suit today's style of baby shower. The item can become nursery décor (just do some research when you can to ensure there are no lead issue with paint, etc in any antique items).
Great Ideas for Baby Shower and Candy Food Bar
Exploring Baby Shower Ideas
How do you get those ideas rolling?
First thing, pick up a few baby shower books. They help you keep in mind the whole process and always include games and foods perfect for showers. Some even have templates for invitations, decorations and centerpieces.
Second: Explore more youTube videos for ideas. I included a few that will get you started on some ideas and what to plan for.
Third: Find some baby shower businesses online and blogs and research what they offer.
Fourth: Pinterest for party ideas and baby showers and use the site to both market your products, linking back to your products or services. Also find your inspiration here, more party ideas and food ideas.
Fifth: Explore what you can do and crafting business ideas.
- Decorations. From outside, the yard, the front door. To the inside of a room or a special venue. The tables and ceiling.
- Flowers and balloons, wreaths, centerpieces, balloons on the mailbox.
- Centerpieces (non floral) Coordinating with themes like teddy bears
- Signs for the yard, the door. Can be for cupcakes, treats, banner of the table
- Décor that becomes nursery décor. I am big on items that serve as a party decoration and then are reusable for the nursery or for the mom or something else.
- Baby shower cakes, endless endless fun to make. There are online classes and classes at Hobby Lobby, start out making cakes for friends - but charge for them same as you would professionally.
- Baby gifts, baby blankets, hats, shoes, baby bath supplies, learning toys.
- Baby gift baskets - many people prefer gifts ready to gift. Not everyone is creative or has the time to shop and put something together.
- Baby shower games are apart of every shower to keep the fun and conversations going, while passing gifts out to guests or unwrapping them for mom. Whether you work with the ones that have been around to new ones. If you have kids, you can probably think of some games that can translate to babies and make a new one!
- Party supplies. Table covers, napkins, plates cups, cupcake cups. Coordinating designs and colors to create a variety of designs and choices that make a party more unique and suited to the mom's style.
- Shower favors, my favorite. I like creating little gifts in special packages that are handcrafted. People truly find it a special gift and glad you appreciate them coming to your shower.
- Gift wrapping decorations, tags, shower cards - another area I love and could spend all day creating.
Baby Shower Cakes - Rubber Ducky
More Baby Shower Business Ideas
There are keepsakes that suit baby names and baby's first's are moments to capture for parents to keep forever.
Personalization is a service itself.
Time capsules, you can create your own style with instructions and a video teaching parents how to create it. Sell the container and give the video link when they make the purchase. Give options for opening 10 years later or when they turn 18.
Baby Books - Selling or creating scrapbooks and digital or personalized children's story books.
5 Baby Shower Game Ideas
Clothesline Baby Shower Game
Make a Beautiful Floral Box Centerpiece
Baby Shower Themes
Twins or Multi
Romantic or Floral
Moon and Stars
Baby Prints Feet and Hands
Elephants or Monkeys
Two Peas in a Pod or Two Birds
Talk About Your Business and Blog About It
Let everyone know about your baby shower business, especially at church and in mom groups. The thing to do today is to blog about it and share socially, especially on Pinterest and YouTube with video guides.
My blog is fairly new, but you can see it as an example. My Baby Shower Shop blog also feeds on a page in my website on mybabyshowershop.com/Baby_Shower_Blog (I removed the link). But this is a cool option I use as a page choice on Godaddy. It makes it so easy to incorporate an existing blog right into the website.
The best blogging book I ever read and helps with creative business and creative people is "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. This is so helpful and a tremendous resource to look at other successful blogs, many by stay at home moms and artists.
10 Things to do Weekly
- Link to your Pinterest Boards so people can connect with you and see your current baby shower finds.
- Link to your shop. That could be on Etsy, eBay, Amazon or an online eCommerce store. Talk about the items in your shop.
- Share many images and videos. "Eye Candy" is key today to people visiting blogs and value.
- Help customers with their planning, ideas and resources to create a wonderful baby shower.
- Write articles.
- Twitter each post to fellow moms.
- Facebook share a link to everything in your blog, individually. A little each day or each week.
- Create products and share what you are working on with blogging guests.
- Advertise in mom magazines when funding allows.
- Display your ideas and products in ways that help others visualize how they can use the items in their party.