- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Best educational games for 4 year old
Here are some of the best educational games for 4 year old including Melissa and doug wooden shape sorting clock, learning resources math mat challenge game, mind blowing science game, abacus, puzzles, thinkfun zingo, leapfrog leapster educational game, scribble and write, see and spell game and what do you see game.
Educational games for 4 year old:
1. Melissa and doug wooden shape sorting clock: Melissa and doug clock is one of the best educational games for 4 year old. This wooden clock can be used for several different purposes such as shapes, colors and learning the time. The hands of the clock contains two different colors. The minute hand is red color and hour hand is blue color. Also this great toy includes learning time increments such as hours, minutes and seconds. Recommended age is 3 to 5 years.
2. Leapfrog leapster educational game: Leapfrog leapster educational game teaches kids 45 essential reading and math skills. Reading skills includes phonics, rhyming, spelling, upper and lowercase letters. It also helps kids to spell short words. Math skills includes numbers and counting. Kids play to earn tickets to buy monster parts and then to build a complete monster. This game requires leapster multimedia learning system. It is sold separately. Recommended age is 4 years and up.
3. Learning resources math mat challenge game: Math mat challenge game features four different game and two skill levels. It teaches counting, addition and substraction up to the number 20. Recommended age is 4 to 7 years.
4. Melissa and doug classic wooden Abacus: It is a basic 100 bead abacus. It contains 10 racks and 10 beads in each of them. Each row of the abacus can be used as a number column. For example, first row is ones column, second row is tens column and then hundreds column. It is also an educational game for kids.
More educational games for 4 years and up:
5. Scientific explorer mind blowing sceince kit for young scientists: Mind blowing science kit contains variety of experiments with scientific explanation. It features red cabbage juice powder, citric acid, color tablets, polyacrylamide crystals, a pipette, small and medium scoops, and three plastic cups. Mind blowing science teaches colors and volcanoes.
Recommended age is 4 to 8 years.
6. University games brown bear - panda bear, What do you see? game: Brown bear panda bear game includes a game board, 4 bear cards, and 32 animal cards. It is a preschool game of memory and matching from brown bear and panda bear. Recommended age group is 3 to 8 years. This game is suited for 2 to 4 players. It is another best educational games for 4 year old.
7.Thomas and friends puzzle: Thomas goes to the fair 60 piece puzzle promotes cooperative and independent play. Puzzles build motor skills, picture recognition and task completion. It also occupies kids in hours of imaginative play. Recommneded age is 4 years and up.
8. Thinkfun Zingo: Thinkfun Zingo teaches matching, memory, image recognition, vocabulary recognition, concentration and social interaction. Recommended age is 4 years and up. This game is similar to bingo game.
9. Leapfrog scribble and write: Leapfrog scribble and write features four learning modes that can help child to draw simple shapes and pictures, writing upper and lower case letters. It is also the right size for travel to keep little kids occupied in the car. Children trace over the lights with the stylus to form letters. Recommended agegroup is 3 to 5 years.
10. Melissa and doug see and spell: See and spell features 16 playful pictures with three and four letter words. It also includes more than 70 words. This is a great way to teach your child how to spell and letter recognition. Recommended age is 4 to 7 years.