Exo Suit - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Exo Zombies
Advanced Warefare added a whole new layer of Zombie Survival Gameplay with the addition of the Exo Suit to the popular zombie side game. Not only do the players gain extra advantages, but the zombies also appear in the new attire. Players that adapt to the new abilities will be able to rain carnage on the new breed of dangerous zombies.
In This Guide:
- The Exo Suit Explained
- Getting The Exo Suit
- Exo Suit Abilities
- Exo Zombies
The Exo Suit Explained
The Exo Suit is a military grade external mechanical skeleton designed to allow soldiers to carry more weight, run faster, jump higher, and equip a variety of new weapons. This is not a thing of fantasy, many different exo suits have been developed and tested. However, they are not regularly used at this time.
In Exo Zombies, the suit is not only a new cool tool. It is also the only way to get 'Perks', which are now called Exo Upgrades. This piece of equipment is the cornerstone of the Advance Warefare version of the popular zombie side game.
Equipping The Exo Suit
The Exo Suit is free to equip, but you must first locate it and restore the power to the machine. In Outbreak, it is inconveniently located as far away from the starting location as possible, in the Exo Testing area. This are is not hard to find and there are plenty of maps to help guide you posted on the walls. When starting a game, the map to the right appears on the screen, showing players the exact location of the Exo Suit.
Using The Map To Find The Suit
Find the start location on the bottom of the map by identifying the bus, the Exo Testing room is centered at the top of the map. The map from the intro screen shows a picture of the Exo Suit with a red exclamation point over its body. There is a red line that runs from the picture of the suit to the Exo Suit Station.
I have found two separate paths that lead from the bus to the suit*. Both paths require opening three doors, which will cost roughly 3000 credits. In solo games, I am able to reach the suit by the end of round 2 or beginning of round 3. But this requires maximizing your points and the will power not to buy anything but doors.
- Open the door leading to the Main Hub, located by the Power.
- Go left as you enter the circular room and take the first door on your left labeled B Holding
- Travel to the other end of the B Holding hallway, taking the last doorway on your right. It will bring you through a hallway that looks like a tube (sort of like entering an airplane).
- Open the door that is labeled Exo Testing, take the stairs to the top floor, and then drop down into the Exo Testing Room.
- Open the Administration door, which is located near Exo Medic.
- Go through the Administration section and open the door labeled Morgue, it is right past the Weapon Upgrade Station.
- You will now be in a small hallway, take your first right.
- Go through this room and up the stairs, it will lead to a room that contains Exo Reload, continue through that room until you reach a door that is labeled Exo Testing.
*After the power has been restored to both the Exo Testing and Administration Area, then the Garbage Chute will be active. This will become the fastest way to get back to the suit, at a cost of 100 credits for the first use each round.
Exo Suit Abilities
The Exo Suit comes equipped with several abilities, others can be added in the form of Exo Upgrades. This section will briefly explain these abilities
- Super Jump - Pressing the jump button twice will trigger a booster that thrusts the player into the air. This will allow you to jump approximately one story. Using this ability allows you to jump onto the bus in the start location and leap onto walkways one floor up. You can also jump over an entire train of zombies.
- Boost - Once in the air, you can add an extra thrust by using your left analog stick. This can allow you to jump a little further or get ahead of a large train that is on your heels. You can perform this action after using the super jump or when in the air from a regular jump.
- Slide - Players can slide by holding down their crotch button. This slide is boosted in speed when wearing the Exo Suit.
Iron Man Arm
I doubt this is the official name, but it is the first thought that jumped into my head when using this ability. Thanks to the Exo Suit, throwing a grenade is a thing of the past. It comes factory equipped a launcher that will do the work for you. This will work with both primary and secondary grenades. You can still hold the grenade button in order to let some of the time expire before releasing the grenade, I have not yet seen what happens when this blows up in my arm.
The suit is also an improved melee weapon. It delivers a powerful punch that will kill zombies with one hit in early rounds, and stun them in later rounds. The punch is similar to using the Galvaknuckles in Black Ops 2 Zombies, but without expending electricity. The punch works well in early rounds and on normal zombies, but it is not as effected on zombies that are also wearing the Exo Suit.
Exo Upgrades are similar to Perks from Black Ops 2 Zombies. You will need to have the Exo Suit to equip the upgrades*. There are five upgrades available in Outbreak, each with their own special abilities. The Upgrades are explained in detail in the Exo Upgrades Guide.
* When playing a solo game, you can equip Exo Medic without having on your Exo Suit. Exo Medic works similar to Quick Revive from Black Ops 2 Zombies.
Atlas, in their infinite wisdom, allowed soldiers to get infected while wearing Exo Suits. By round four, you will start to see zombies that are wearing the suit. Like you, they have the ability to jump higher, hit harder, and run faster. In later rounds, zombies will appear with a bright color emanating from their suit, these zombies have special abilities. For Example, zombies with the EMP ability have a blue glow. This is described in more detail in the Mutated Zombies Guide (Coming Soon).