- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
How to Counter Fizz - Beat the Troll Pole
Fizz – The Tidal Trickster
Fizz is an excellent all-around champion, equipped with a skill set that makes him relevant in all stages of the game. What makes him devastating is his ability to dodge spells, which disrupts the combo of enemy champions and gives him an advantage in trades. He has insane burst especially with a Lich Bane. Fizz is also a slippery champion that likes to weave in and out of fights, waiting to reset his cooldowns. This isn’t to say that he doesn’t have any weaknesses. Here are some tips that will show you effective Fizz counters.
General Counters to Fizz
S4 LoL Counters
- Fizz is most vulnerable after he uses Playful/Trickster. Save your skill shot CC after he uses his dodge then punish him with your damage abilities and autoattacks.
- When you are low, Fizz will want to trade with you since Seastone Trident deals more damage the less the target enemy has. Avoid trading with Fizz when you are low because he will most likely out trade you and if you mess up your skill shots, he might even kill you.
- Dodge his skills, especially his ultimate. When you are able to avoid his skills, Fizz can’t do anything but resume farming. Fizz relies on his ultimate quite heavily. Take that out of his arsenal and you diminish his power by a huge margin.
- If you’re an AD carry, a Quicksilver Sash is a must against Fizz. When he hits you with his ultimate, use Quicksilver Sash to drop the shark to the ground and then simply move away from it.
- A Banshee’s Veil also helps immensely when facing Fizz. It negates Fizz’s shark, which messes up his entire combo.
- A Zhonya’s Hourglass can be a life-save when you get caught with Chum the Waters. Time it perfectly to avoid the knock up and damage.
Fizz Counter Picks
Counter Fizz as Ryze
Ryze is one of the best Fizz counters because all his skills are targeted and he can go toe to toe with almost anyone when he gets to late game. Wear Fizz down with your Q and autoattacks repeatedly. If he decides to go full in, you can unleash all your skills for insane amounts of burst. Just be careful of ganks because you can’t afford to fall early. You need to stack your Rod of Ages and Tear of the Goddess as quickly as you can.
Counter Fizz as Lissandra
Lissandra can be Fizz’s worst nightmare. She has great harass with her Q and two hard CC abilities. Because of Glacial Path, she can play pretty aggressively and push the lane. She can also use this to keep her distance from Fizz when she gets hit by the shark. You just need to decide whether to use your ultimate on Fizz or on yourself to negate his damage. Tell your team that when you stun Fizz, focus him and take him out right away.
Counter Fizz as Mordekaiser
Fizz normally wants to trade, but against Mordekaiser, he will probably think twice. Mordekaiser is a very tanky AP carry who can easily push the lane against Fizz. Once you hit level 6, you can absorb a huge amount of damage thanks to your shield and sustain. The only problem is that you have no escapes, so the enemy jungler will want to camp you. Even if you don’t score a kill, just try to maintain a cs and experience advantage over Fizz.
Counter Fizz as Akali
This one is largely a skill matchup. Fizz can harass you with his damage over time skill, but you can return damage with your Q + E and autoattacks. The most important thing here is your use of your shroud. Use it wisely so Fizz cannot target you, which messes up his combo. When he jumps on his trident, use your W and dodge. Do your best to last hit minions while dishing out damage with your abilities when Fizz tries to trade. Also, be cautious when Fizz has a pink ward or when his oracle lens is up.
Counter Fizz as Diana
A well-played Diana can be a formidable threat against Fizz. You have a shield to absorb Fizz’s damage spells, great wave clear with your Q, your E to prevent him from escaping, and a dash to follow him when he disengages. When his dodge is on cooldown, he won’t be able to do anything against you as long as you hit your Q. Diana can also afford to build the tanky AP items first, such as Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya’s Hourglass, which are both excellent items that counter Fizz.