jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Star Wars The Old Republic

1. wtaylorjr2001 profile image77
    wtaylorjr2001posted 4 years ago

Anyone play Star Wars the old republic?

1. atechwiz profile image77
      atechwizposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I do.

2. Sapper profile image69
      Sapperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did at launch, but it had way too many problems for me to have fun. I quit before the free month was up.

3. wtaylorjr2001 profile image77
      wtaylorjr2001posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey guys,

Thanks for answering. I play a 48th level jedi sage. It is free to play till level 50 now. Sapper what problems did it have? Atechwiz what character class do you play? And what race?

1. Sapper profile image69
        Sapperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My main problem with it was that they released it unfinished. On launch day they already had plans for the first major patch that added features that should have been in the game already. Bugs are one thing, most games have bugs, but it is a pet peeve of mine when game company's rush a game a deliver an unfinished product.

Other than that, the cross-faction class equivalents were anything but. I can see give them different names of skills, but they gave them completely different skills, and they weren't anything close to balanced. I found the story to be fairly boring, and the leveling process as a whole was horrible. And worse of all, during the first month of release, in the bracket that includes all but max level, I would sit in the pvp queue for hours at times. Not a good sign for a game.

From what I hear, the free to play is even worse now. They put way too many features behind the pay option, and from the sounds of it, they give no reason to want to play the game if you are using the free. It was a game that had good potential, but EA really messed it up.

2. atechwiz profile image77
        atechwizposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My character is a level 36 Human Jedi Guardian on the Bastion server.

I'm on Jedi Covenant. I need to get more cartel points.

2. Dallas Matier profile image87
    Dallas Matierposted 4 years ago

Yeah, I do. I've been playing for the past few months.

I have eight characters, at the moment. One of each class. And, I've only actually finished the class story for one of them. I play it mostly as a single-player game, with brief periods of teaming up with other players, so I'm not sure if I'll stick around once I'm done with the class stories (unless they've put out more by then). But, I've still got a fair bit to do.

Hi Dallas,

I also play single player. I find it a problem because I cant get my social up one level. I am impressed that you finished a class story. I've been working towards mine for a while now.

3. Zakmoonbeam profile image89
    Zakmoonbeamposted 4 years ago

I just started again seeing as it has gone F2P (free to play).  I was disappointed to see that as a non paying member now, I can only access 2 of my 6 characters without paying again.  You would think that as someone who actually purchased the game and paid for a fair few months subs, they would allow us more than 2 char slots!

That said, the story element of the game is in my humble opinion superb, and even crappy Star Wars is better than none smile

4. Knightmare Golem profile image95
    Knightmare Golemposted 4 years ago

Yeah, I've been playing it since the beginning.  Actually, helping guildmates over and over with the same info is the reason that I started writing articles on Hubpages.  I'm an altaholic so I've got several different classes and races now and will slowly build up more over time.

working