jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did You Hear that Star Wars: The Old Republic is Going Free to Play in the Fall?

1. Trekkiemelissa profile image78
    Trekkiemelissaposted 5 years ago

Did You Hear that Star Wars: The Old Republic is Going Free to Play in the Fall?

2. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

I haven't played the game myself.  I do keep up with MMO news though, and it's really not that surprising.  They made their initial hit of money off sales.  Hybrid f2p/p2p models actually make more money in the long run, that helps keep the game running for a few extra years.  The trade off is the f2p players usually aren't very good. Either way, I'm going to play Wildstar or something else later on down the road. =-P

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image82
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I saw an article on it as I logged on this morning and came to brag about its failure here. While many games that go F2P are good and all that, this is Bioware and EA - you know, Age of Reckoning, Wrath of Heroes.... what will this do that makes other games different? What will this do that keeps their reputation above ground?

It's a good idea but I doubt this is going to change anything. I'll give it a try when it becomes F2P, but I won't bother paying past the lv.15 cap. Not when I can pay for quality.

4. mmostrategy profile image59
    mmostrategyposted 5 years ago

yes, and the game itself isnt' that expensive anymore.  I just got it at best buy for 10 bucks and got back into it.  especially since it will be free to play, i think a lot more people are going to get back into this fall.

working