jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

9 year old boy who has 2 weeks to live needs Christmas Cards

1. Kim Grbac Diaz profile image79
    Kim Grbac Diazposted 4 years ago

Hi Hubbers:  I received an email from the foster care agency I worked for (11 years) that a 9 year old boy who has been given 2 weeks to live wishes for Christman Cards to top the Guiness Book of Records. The Record is 35,000. Dalton has 23,000. If we could all come together to make his wish come true that would be wonderful. HIs address is Dalton Dingus, HC62 Box 1249,
    Salyersville, KY 41465. Thank you and Happy Holidays to you all!

1. Marie Flint profile image91
      Marie Flintposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Kim, I think I have one extra card I can send him. I'll be sure he gets it. --Marie Flint

Kim Grbac Diazposted 4 years ago in reply to this

THANK YOU!

2. paulburchett profile image79
      paulburchettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I heard about this, but didn't have address. The kids and I are getting one ready now. My son is taking address to school and  ask his teacher if his class can send some. Thank you so much for posting this!

THANK YOU!

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago

Yes, thank you Kim!

THANK YOU!

3. paulburchett profile image79
    paulburchettposted 4 years ago

This is such a heart touching and emotional moment for this young child and his family. I would have almost bet the farm that this post would have been swamped by comments of support. I just can't stop thinking about it. Have you thought about posting this in another category, maybe one with the most traffic or readers. Or maybe even posting this in several different forums. Idk but I sure hope this young man gets what he wants.

I couldn't agree more, unless people are doing it (fingers crossed) and just not responding. I'm rather new at this HubPage Forum, so I'll experiment to see what other areas I can post in...thanks, for your heart and your words...

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

I hope it helps, but I have posted this thread in Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others.

5. Kim Grbac Diaz profile image79
    Kim Grbac Diazposted 4 years ago

Thank you so much Luis. Another Hubber had mentioned me putting it other places, but am just getting on now...I do appreciate your help!  I'm sure Dalton will to ...smile

6. paulburchett profile image79
    paulburchettposted 4 years ago

Well this little man has done it, he broke the record and got his wish!

Yes!  A big "thank you" to ALL of my fellow hubbers who helped this happen...Bless You!

working