Poem:The Sands of Time by Brenda Arledge

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Check out Brenda’s own response to her word prompt “sand.”
    https://hubpages.com/literature/Poem-The-Sands-of-Time
    Excellent work on these poems, Brenda.

1. surovi99 profile image83
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, your article, "The Sands of Time" includes wonderful poetry pieces. I loved them and enjoyed reading all of them. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you, John, for posting Brenda's work.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Rosina
        Thank you.
        I'm delighted to know you liked these ones.

The sand of time counts down quicker than we know.

Enjoy your day.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

From a sand sandsculptor, I enjoyed your poem.

Sand is the most accessible thing on the surface on the earth. Only the stars are greater in number than every grain of sand on earth.

Like to hear more...

Castlepaloma
            Thank you.

I suppose grains of sand might even be more vast the the stars above in the heavens.

Both are intriguing.

Science say
              Our universe contains at least 70 septillion stars, 7 followed by 23 zeros. Astronomers estimate there exist roughly 10,000 stars for each grain of sand on Earth. That's a lot of stars.

If it was my job to count every star in the universe. I would have give birth to twins accountants,  in hell.

Thank you for all that information.   I had no idea there were that many stars.

I only know they are a joy to look at and they seem like amazing.

10,000 stars to each grain of sand is going to be alot.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

You should have written an article for sand comparing it to the stars.

Doing something like that.

From building sandsculptures for 47 years on 6 Continents . Sand covers the earth surface in  the sea and on the land more than any other material on the planet. 
                  That's is why they call me, The Comic Sand Gypsy.!

Its amazingly exciting to do podcasts with my daughter. She will do the under 40 famous artist and I'll be doing over age 40 on up to an active 81 year old artist.

Thanks for the encouragement.

1. Misbah786 profile image85
                    Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great Castepaloma smile

I know you no longer write articles and are only active on forums, but as the word sand is of your interest. Please do write something. We would love to read something from you. smile

Blessings always!!

You are so welcome.  I hope the encouragement helps you to write us an article. 
                    I can't wait to read it.

Castlepaloma...
            Read the word prompt series this week...
            See if you can come up with one for Respect....
            From the viewpoint of a sculptor towatds his work

Like the poem.
              Funny, I once built the world largest sandsculpture titled. Sands of Time. IT was six acres,  largest sculpture of any kind of material in the world. Of ancient civilizations of Egypt, Babylon and Greece.  From another  company, I built them tiny molded sandcastle for sale. They forced me to change our Title name Sands of Time  to :Temples of time: over rights to the name Sands of time. Since I'm doing sand and beach reports. I can get away with free speech as nothing is physical to sue by.

Sand of Time hour glass poem can work like the Show 60 minutes clock show.
              There is a way to adapt it like a theme to each podcast. Give me more time to study the Legitimacy. Since One third of everything is about legislatively done for something big.

Castlepaloma...
                I'd never thought about it like the 60 minutes show...but you are right..it could count down each second in the hour.
                See...you have what it takes to write.
                Everything you've said is worth reading.

Don't sell yourself short.  Your reports are probably just fine for here...maybe add a little bit to make it relevant.

It's like sand keeps my life together. Love and sandworks glues most of my llife together The love of my life is my daughter Paloma.  Meaning white dove, a symbol of peace. I built a sandcastle in Ottawa called Castle Paloma finished on the day of Paloma's birth in Ottawa,, at the Ottawa school of Arts, a class of 12 Students. It ironic that the trucker convoy in Ottawa right now is like the Berlin Wall, trying to bring World peace together again.  People ask me what I do for a living, reply I dream for a living.

A symbol: for Sand is dreaming or comfort, time and money. The time slips from life like the sand slips from hands. It has a lot of things to convey to you about your life.
                  Majorly, dreams related to sand represent time and money. To carry handful sand in dream is a sign of profitable business. It means that you will begin with a little investment and earn double returns in business.
                  Walking on the sand near the beach is a sign of comfort and relaxation. It means that you will enjoy a peaceful and spiritual time.
                  Sands also relate holiday moods and desires. White sands are symbols of profitable business. It is important that you understand a few things in sand dreams such as.
                  - Was there any sand castle?
                  - Were you holding the sand in your hands?
                  - Was the sand slipping from your hands?
                  - Was there an hour glass consisting of sand?
                  - Was it black, brown, yellow or white sand?

Most Common Sand Dreams:
                  To see an Hourglass with Sand: To dream about an hourglass of sand includes a sign that time is running faster and you must take actions quickly. Finish the pending tasks before the time starts raising its questions at you.

Brenda, most everything you have said so far has connected well with the storyline theme of the Artist on the beach podcast series. It like my dream documency. Although it feels a bit over ego yet if all I have in life is what I give away.When sand, love and work shared like therpy of life, can bring beautiful balance to all.

Castlepaloma
                    Taje all these words and create an article with them. 
                    They are awesome...deserving more than a comment section.

Castlepalmo....
                    Did you post any articles yet?

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brenda!
      I liked your response to the word prompt, Sand.
      Beautifully expressed poems, especially the hourglass of time, poem.
      Nice pictures, quotes to compliment your creativity.
      Thank you for sharing.
      Thank you John, for sharing Brenda’s wonderful response.
      Happy weekend to both of you.

Thank you Chitrangada
        I'm not getting notifications for this forum...why, who knows??

Glad you enjoyed them.

3. Brenda Arledge profile image80

John
      Thank you so much for your generous comment & for posting.

Have a great day.

4. Brenda Arledge profile image80

John
      I just read your story & posted a link in the word prompt to keep track of it.

You are testing my patience a bit.  I'm waiting to find this treasure.
      I guess this is a sands of time moment.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image80

John
      Thank you for sharing this one.

2. RozlinMohsin profile image60
    RozlinMohsinposted 2 years ago

Brenda, I enjoyed reading all the three poems. All are beautifully composed. It was a joyful read. Thank you for sharing. Take care.
    Thank you, John for sharing Brenda's work.
    Take care.
    Blessings to both of you always!

Rozlin
      Thanks. 
      I'm glad my words brought a little bit of joy into your life.

Have a great day.

3. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

What an interesting and beautiful response to the word prompt, ' Sand'. Loved your poems, Bredz. All of them are very delightful and interesting but I especially loved the acrostic one. Very well scribbled. I also loved the quote by Christopher Paolini. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you so much,John, for posting this forum discussion. smile

Blessings to both of you!! smile

Misbah
      Thank you.

Time slips away, but we can remember...that's what memories are for, I guess.

Have a great day.

Bredz

4. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This is a beautiful and interesting response to your last prompt Brenda. I was thinking about the sands of time as the theme for a response, but I haven't written very much so far. I really enjoyed reading your poems. I also liked the quote.

Thanks for posting Brenda's article John.

Pamela
      Thank you so much!

Keep scribbling those notes. After you get healed up ~ you can amaze us ...wow us..with your words.

For now, just kick back & enjoy each second of life with your husband.

5. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Thanks John for sharing Brenda's lovely responses to the Sands of Time.  Her last one is very poignant.  We cannot stop the progress of time, but we can learn to savor each moment.

Thanks Peggy....
      Savor the moment!  That's what we all should do, but as I walk around observing others...they don't have a clue.
      I guess we think we have tomorrow and the next day and so on...
      There's no sense worrying about what might happen, but we need to cherish those moments we have...good or bad.

Have a great day.

6. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you for posting the link, Brenda. Sorry, to keep leaving you on edge but I was already over 1200 words, and I’m not sure how many it will take to finish it. I just hope that the   ending will be worth it. Cheers.

Thanks John...
      I'm sure hoping the ending will be worth it.

Don't rush it...make it worth the wait.

7. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

Brenda has created an interesting article. Thank you for sharing it, John. I enjoyed reading all of the poems, but the last one was my favorite. I found it very moving.

Thank you Linda.
      That last one was inspired by our trips to Panama City Beach Florida & Rehoboth Beach Delaware.

Brenda
        Just updated edit sandsculptor

Everything you were afraid to ask a
        Sand Sculptor.
        Castle Paloma has professional Sand sculptor for 47 years. Fearlessly and friendly heart, ask away??? 

1.What holds the sand up?
        We first compress sand and water by pounding it into concrete like wood forms with layers about every 2 to 4 inches. Similar to sandstone created by nature’s in time and pressure. Just by packing sand through pressure pounding hardness. Once packed, Sand Sculpture boxes can be removed by each step  down sculpted. We start from top and work our way downward removing forms as we sculpt downward, until down until all forms are removed from the sand sculpture.

2. How long can it last?
        Good quality sand, packed well can last up to 2 years outdoors. Or Indoor sandsculpture  last as long as a house when coated with white glue surface.

3. Are sand sculptor artist?
        You are what you think you are. Yes, its much a like fine sketch artist in the round. Sand sculpture is a performance art and anyone can be a part of it too.

4 What if it rains?
        The sculptors work under umbrellas.Surprisingly the sand sculpture, rain is less damaging then you would think. We use biodegradable and environmentally friendly, nontoxic, invisible glue that protect against the sun and wind. The glue while protecting the surface details, It preserves, yet no structural strength.

5. Do you mind answering questions?
        I enjoy talking and interacting with all age groups and walks of life as I sculpt. Answering questions is part of sharing of the greater art experience. People love watching and enjoy talking to me and the other sculptors. After 5 questions it is a $1 a question.

6. Is this your largest and tallest sand sculpture?
        My tallest is 67 feet high and weighing 70,000 tons.

7. Are you afraid to see it destroyed?
        Everything is in the process of change. I love the process of sculpting every sculpture is a new, learned experience. Destruction can be fun, and we get alot of free help knocking down sand sculptures from a real tiger, an elephant, children, clowns, and even security guards. The important thing is to get a photo before they too much fun destorying it..

8. Where does the sand come from?
        It is fine silted sand that usually comes from a local Sand and Gravel pit.

Sand sculpting (a dream job) was voted as one of the "Top Ten Careers in the World". For the majority of sculptors, the artistic qualities which sand possesses are ultimately what they are looking for. Encompassing both disciplines of sculpting and carving, Sand Sculpting is not only a performing art, but is being recognized as a medium for planning, displays and studio work. It is truly the made from sand, ranging from glass to cement and silicone. As well, a great deal of our environment is made of sand and its presence lies deep in our subconscious.

https://hubpages.com/art/Answer-by-a-Sand-sculptor

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4253483_f1024.jpg

World record for indoor sandsculpure.
          Sleeping Beauty.

I can relate to that since I've been stuck inside since our recent ice storm.
            You'd think I'd have a masterpiece written by now...but no such luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)