jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

The Joy of Collectibles ...

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image90
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12409731.jpg
    I have been a collector since my pre-teen years. It started out with all kinds of books: The Bobbsey Twins and Black Beauty were among my favorites. Then I later started collecting Crochet Pieces, Stuff Animals, Cat Pins, T Shirts and Video Games. Now my latest pursuit is making and embroidering scarves/handkerchiefs. My dad loved collecting cars!

What's your favorite collectible(s) and how do you display them?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I collect CDs - mostly hard rock/metal from the 70s/80s/early 90s. I've been buying, selling and trading CDs since the early 90s. My collection is creeping up on 900 as I write this.

I'm also a retired comic book collector. I was a comic fanboy from age 10 (circa 1980) till the early 1990s. At its peak my comic collection was somewhere around 4000-5000 books. I started losing interest in the hobby around 1994 and sold off my collection in bits and pieces over the next couple of years. I boiled everything down to one box of personal favorites that I still pull out of the closet and re-read from time to time.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Way-to-go! I was a DC Comic fan myself! The Justice League of America!

3. Popit profile image76
    Popitposted 2 years ago

I collect old furniture, can't pass a garage sale or charity shop without swooping on some new item.  Some I recycle into something more useful and some things I restore because they are beautiful.  Our home is not modernist, has no clean lines and would be a lot of peoples worst nightmare. big_smile

I also have albums, cds etc from the 70's on wards.  Love heavy metal etc.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like you have lots of fun. My Living Room is correctly name!

working