jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite comic or graphic novel?

1. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite comic or graphic novel?

I have written numerous hubs on comics and graphic novels and have so many favorites (including Ghost World, Maus, Watchmen, etc.).  What are your favorites and why?

2. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 6 years ago

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills without a doubt has to be my all-time favorite for several reasons. The characters are written with complexity, nuance, and motivations- like real people as opposed to mere caricatures. Even the worst of the baddies have their likeable qualities. The best of the good grapple with shortcomings and temptations. The themes also remain as relevant now as they did when it was first written, but I don't think have been handled as gracefully since.

3. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

I liked maus, Mr. natural ( yeah I'm old)

4. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your answers.  ptosis, I love R. Crumb.  His version of Genesis is amazing.

5. imtomj profile image57
    imtomjposted 6 years ago

I'd have to say Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.  Fantastic art and story, and loved the humanizing of superheroes, which was also what I appreciated about The Watchmen.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

I like the collectible Octabriana comic series of the 1960s - the cartoon heroine of the era of the October Revolution in Russia.

7. creativebutterfly profile image59
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

I loved this book and the next one as well I still have both of them.....

8. Chris Qu profile image92
    Chris Quposted 6 years ago

There is a manga series called Battle Royale. I found that to be truly amazing.

I also loved the early Spawn comics.

In terms, strictly, of graphic novels, I haven't read that many... Just a few of the big ones, like Watchmen. I don't think I've earned the right to pick a favorite. ^^

9. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. Inspired the heck out of me as a kid, it's one of the greatest stories in it's medium. It takes place in the future with Batman as a much older man.

10. Ronna Pennington profile image85
    Ronna Penningtonposted 5 years ago

Neil Gaiman: The Sandman Fables and Reflections. The stories were ingeniously woven into fables and other common tales.