AR Gaming: The next big step or a step too far??

1. DeadEyedDragon profile image82
    DeadEyedDragonposted 11 months ago

Hey guys! I'm thinking of doing an article about the progression of AR Gaming and it's future on consoles. I would love to hear your views on the issue, is it something you would be excited for, or something that you feel wouldn't be suitable for a bigger stage?

2. Shogun profile image46
    Shogunposted 2 weeks ago

Sorry for the crusty old post bump, but it's a topic that I wanted to really discuss. Since OP made this thread 11 months ago, augmented reality has progressed - gaming included - and I wanted to touch base on AR gaming.

Microsoft continues to develop its Windows Mixed Reality platform, so the lure of an AR/VR platform definitely looms on the horizon. With the addition of Magic Leap AR and other companies, it looks like AR advancement is moving forward quite nicely.

Also, even Apple released its ARKit to developers, so current iPhone and iPad models are able to utilize AR - but Apple didn't release any specific AR-centric hardware. Although this isn't directly gaming related, bringing AR to a more mainstream audience is an important step forward, IMHO. For example, games such as Trailblazing VR's War of the AI makes use of the ARKit tools, and even is a free game title. Expect more of ths type of thing in 2018.

working