jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What are the best educational games for children, ages 5-10?

1. Hope Wilbanks profile image69
    Hope Wilbanksposted 9 years ago

What are the best educational games for children, ages 5-10?

2. gurgel1 profile image61
    gurgel1posted 8 years ago

I have a hub you could look at that is called Top 10 Wii Games For Kids if you are looking for wii allot of those are educational.

3. preston defosses profile image48
    preston defossesposted 8 years ago

Rythm Heaven on DS is somewhat educational,makes a great gift,and is rated E for everyone.And if you don't have a tight budget get Wii sports resort I would know I'm 11.

4. julie20201 profile image78
    julie20201posted 8 years ago

An old favorite of mine was Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. It had a lot of facts about the world. There's a US version, but I didn't like that one as much.

Also, Herinteractive, makes a series of Nancy Drew games that are cute little mysteries. They're chalk full of puzzles that are great for matching, manipulating, etc.

5. Gartick profile image59
    Gartickposted 8 years ago

Math Circus for Kids

Read my hubs=D thanks

6. Joseph Leming profile image56
    Joseph Lemingposted 8 years ago

Any brain age game is a great choice. Studies have shown it doesn't only keep the mind sharp, it also has been shown to prevent alzheimer's  disease and dimentia due to the increase in brain activity. My virtual tutor has several reading games available. This series seems to be very appealing to children. Learn math is probably the best pick for arithmetic!

7. danj1983 profile image51
    danj1983posted 8 years ago

Honestly, we use the Vtech Vsmile. We have a six year old and she does great with them. You can get different games as they grow older, and all there games are educational. The best part about it is the fact that the games are interchangeable.

8. Silver Poet profile image77
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

Anything by The Learning Company including Reader Rabbit, Logical Journey of the Zoombinis by Broderbund, and hats off to Julie for mentioning Carmen Sandiego.

9. vanidiana profile image61
    vanidianaposted 7 years ago

anything that requires knowledge and skill:
    - inspecting insects in the garden
    - planting and growing trees
    - science experiments

have fun!

10. profile image47
    pmpaustraliaposted 6 years ago

I only know of scrabble or monopoly! I hope you were looking for board games.
    http://www.ama.edu.au/

working