jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are the best educational toys for a three year old?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image60
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

What are the best educational toys for a three year old?

2. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 6 years ago

Great toys for three year olds are simple and meet the developmental needs of a child moving from babyhood to childhood. Preschoolers need toys that foster language, gross motor, and social/emotional development. Don't break the bank - find out what toys matter for this age group! read more

3. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 6 years ago

See N Say toys have been on the market for years but they have made many variations of them over the years. They are a very good educational toy for all preschool children.  My kids enjoyed the farmer says and the ABC versions. My grand-kids liked the ones featuring characters like Elmo and Mickey Mouse. They have a larger selection now than they ever did.

4. TripleAMom profile image86
    TripleAMomposted 6 years ago

There are many toys I like for this age.  I like letter and number magnets for the refrigerator so that they can begin to learn ABCs.  Leap Frog has one that you put the letter in the magnetic box and it sings a song telling the sound of the letter.  This one helped my youngest a lot.  Also, pattern blocks or shapes are great.  I also think that outside games and activities are wonderful because not only do the kids need to develop educational skills, but they need to develop physically as well.  Any small tricycle, kids' basketball hoop, sidewalk chalk even, just to get them outside and playing.

5. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

Books!  And whatever the child is most interested in at the time.  Follow the child--they often know what they need to learn at a certain point in time.  (Not sure if this premise still works with video games and eating candy though.  Sometimes kids want to just do one thing over and over--then they are done with it and move on.  This is a good thing!  (Though can be trying for the parents)

6. contentpundit profile image61
    contentpunditposted 6 years ago

I have just published a hub about the best learning toys for kids...please read it.

working