jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How many hours of video games, would you say, is too much?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

How many hours of video games, would you say, is too much?

2. Thriller profile image80
    Thrillerposted 7 years ago

Anything more than 2 hours is 2 much I say!

3. FallenAngelShi profile image57
    FallenAngelShiposted 7 years ago

I would say anything more than about three hours (and that is still pushing it) a day would be too much video games (possible exception on the weekends when you have nothing else to do).

[24 hours a day. Minus 8 hours, give or take, for sleep, leaves you with 16 hours. Minus 8 hours, give or take, for school or work, leaves you with 8 hours. Minus 3 hours, give or take, for other things (eating, bathroom, shower, conversing, etc.), leaves you with 3 hours.]

~Have fun

4. darrylcrawford profile image69
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

That depends on a few things. If you're off from work over 5 hours is not good. Unless you're girl friend is into gaming then play on for 1-6 hours. If you're coming home from work over 2 hours is not good. Ya' gotta' sleep. Ya' gotta' eat. Ya' gotta' work. If you're in a relationship ya' gotta' give them them their quality time first if you want to stay in a relationship. So I say on a work day, 2 hours is good. Not working 4 is good. 5 if you're playing a role playing game (you know how the hours seem like minutes when playing those).

5. Monarch.Starcrack profile image59
    Monarch.Starcrackposted 7 years ago

When I was playing World of Warcraft I was putting in over 30 hours per week.  Now that I've curbed it back, I have a lot more time to do so many more things.  Don't get sucked into that game.

6. saifhayel profile image79
    saifhayelposted 7 years ago

i think it doesn't matter if you fully do all your duties at home, and i think if you do i will not find a lot of houers to play on video games..

7. thebeast02 profile image85
    thebeast02posted 6 years ago

I don't think that there is a definitive number. When it begins to effect your school, work, family, social life, etc... then it is time to back off. If you can play 5 hours a day and still manage all these other aspects of life, then I say more power to you. Each person has their own number that they need to figure out.

8. mcbel profile image72
    mcbelposted 5 years ago

If you have nothing else to do, play all day, but it should come last on your list of priorities. Do it only when you have nothing else to do. Using games like Call of Duty and Halo for stress relief will only put off the other things you have to get done. When you come back to reality after 2 or 3 hours, you'll wonder where that time has gone and everything you could have accomplished with that daylight. Sell your XBOX if you can't control yourself.

working