Why does 2k10 MLB recently crash my Xbox 360?

1. Hogan Quick profile image58
    Hogan Quickposted 7 years ago

Why does 2k10 MLB recently crash my Xbox 360?

This happens after it has downloaded info from 2k sports. It just started happening 2 days ago.

2. TwO1FouR profile image57
    TwO1FouRposted 7 years ago

Sounds like beginning symptoms of a dying xbox. When you download the info does it freeze with the image still on your screen? Or does it turn black?

If it freezes but you can still hear the audio with the image, just wait for it to come back. If it freezes with no audio at all, then it could mean your xbox might give out soon. A game could "jump start" the freezing and problems to your 360. This is what happened to my old one with Call of Duty 4. It would only freeze with that game and eventually my xbox gave out.

3. Hogan Quick profile image58
    Hogan Quickposted 7 years ago

@TwO1FouR

You could be right, though it has already been repaired from the Red Ring of Death.  The music stops right when it is completing the many updates and downloads from 2k.  It just started the other day and all other games work fine.  Another interesting note is that if I disconnect from the internet the game works and loads fine.  It was my understanding that some of the data coming from 2K could be corrupting my machine.  I also want to note that my 360 is an Asian model, as is the game which is released in English in Asia.  My set-up has never been an issue before, even though it is an import console.  The only restriction I have had is with some of the content on Xbox live.  In any case, thanks for your comment, it sounds very much like what happened to you and Call of Duty 4.

Closed to reply

working