Ok, I'm totally frustrated. English to Elvish!!!! And need someones help to figu

1. profile image48
    erawhoposted 7 years ago

Ok, I'm totally frustrated. English to Elvish!!!!
    And need someones help to figure it out.

Is there a program that I can use my regular english keypad and type into Elvish script. All I want to start with is for a tattoo, that says ( Death before dishonor USMC) I also have others that I would like to have done in Elvish script. Please help me if you can. THANK YOU ERAWHO!!!!!

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

about 62000 results in .2 of a second for translation, I reckon you may find a programme in there.

3. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

There is no such language as elvish. The language that J R R Tolkein used in his landmark trilogy, 'The Lord of the Rings', was, I believe (its an awful long time since I read them), loosely based on Old Welsh. Although there is a book I once saw called something like 'the lord of the rings companion' that had a glossary of words and terms used by Tolkein to create his masterpiece. Another avenue of research you might try is the 'Book of Kells' - which is written in Gaelic: a language closely allied with the Old Celtic script used in the Lord of the Rings. Tolkein also uses runic characters (Old Norse/Icelandic) but these are associated with the engravings of the dwarves.

working