jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you let your son buy a barbie doll and play with it?

1. Brown-eyed-girl profile image58
    Brown-eyed-girlposted 7 years ago

Would you let your son buy a barbie doll and play with it?

How do you feel about it? Will it make a difference in a young boy's life?

2. irenemaria profile image71
    irenemariaposted 7 years ago

Sure I would. My son played with dolls when he was young. Mostly Playmobil figures but a Barbie and her friends jumped in now and then.

3. Gimmibobsav profile image55
    Gimmibobsavposted 7 years ago

To me it would really be a preference, depending on how conservative your home is. I think I would allow a Ken Doll But a barbie may be a bit much. It might also depend on how he is going to play with it, if he is going to put it in the mud or run it over with a car, or if he is going dress it up and do it's hair.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

why wouldn't i. if my son wants a doll to play with so be it. i'd rather he has a doll then a bunch of swords and guns.

5. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

My sons played with their sisters dolls and she played with their cars and soldiers..whats the harm in it....they have all grown into well balanced adults so I dont see the harm in allowing boys and girls to play with each others toys.

Im not sure if I would be too pleased if my son baught a doll of his own but I see no harm in boys playing with dolls.

6. tysanders profile image59
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

Interesting because my first reaction to this was hell no. But I don't have any children so what do I know.

7. sophmarie247 profile image34
    sophmarie247posted 7 years ago

if i had kids sure i would my mum bought me a barbie doll when i was young, I'm actually beginning to write my book on life (bits in blogs to see a reaction) i talk about having my barbie in my latest blog. but I'm transgender (not all boys who want a barbie are don't worry) but yeah of course id buy my son a Barbie tongue hope that helped

working