jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What was the first game you played and what console?

1. Michaelmas profile image64
    Michaelmasposted 7 years ago

What was the first game you played and what console?

2. profile image0
    dankendkposted 7 years ago

Rockman... in a family computer...Until now, I'm still amazed how the creators of that game come up to a role-playing game idea... too bad though, the game can't be saved... you have to play it continually for hours... but.. really, I love that game! Rockman has now evolved to Megaman, hasn't it?

3. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

i believe it was Sonic on the megadrive smile

4. Gyldenboy profile image60
    Gyldenboyposted 7 years ago

Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo Entertainment System.smile

Never did find the 'real princess' in that game. She was always in another castle. Maybe Koopa just wanted to trick Mario in the first game, into believing there was a princess to save.tongue

5. L. Spikes profile image88
    L. Spikesposted 7 years ago

Mine was the Super Mario Bros./Duckhunt combo cartridge on the original Nintendo Entertainment System. I couldn't wait to use the 'Zapper' gun, so Duckhunt was officially the first game I played. That dog has to be one of the most annoying characters ever placed in a video game. Somebody needs to do a survey on that. 

@Gyldenboy - I eventually saved her, man (after warp-zoning my way to the end). Turns out that after you do, the game starts over and all of the stages have different/harder enemies, and you have to save her all over again. Wasn't worth it.

6. jlastevens profile image62
    jlastevensposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4756304_f260.jpg

My first game was Super Mario Bros on the original Nintendo.

The game was at my cousins house and I decided to try it out because I was bored. I didn't put that game down. I ended up finishing it and showed my cousins how to do it once again from the beginning. @Gyldenboy You only see Princess Peach (Toadstool) once in the original Super Mario Bros, and that's right after you defeat Bowser (which is sadly too easy). That's when I got hooked!

I then started playing Sonic and others games. On playstation I played Devil May Cry when I was a pre-teen and got hooked onto that game. I played Zelda, and always loved to play Link and finish the games (so many of them!). Later I got into computer games, and I started with Runescape (when everything was 2D and looked nothing like it does now!) and found a game called World of Warcraft. I'm a huge gamer, and I have Super Mario Bros to thank for that.

If you are a fan of the Nintendo Female Characters (like Zelda, Princess Peach and Daisy, Samus and Krystal) you should check this out: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-babe … ites-today

7. MrsSunshine101 profile image55
    MrsSunshine101posted 7 years ago

DuckHunt on original Nintendo. Still one of the best games ever.

8. profile image57
    liberty405posted 6 years ago

Mine was teenage mutant ninja turtles on the very first nintendo console. Awesome game at that time. Now if i played it again it will be a classic but terrible graphics and gameplay compared to todays state of the art video consoles.

9. RolyRetro profile image85
    RolyRetroposted 6 years ago

I played a version of Snake on the Commodore Pet my dad brought home from the office one Christmas.  Just like the Nokia phone gam, I couldnt be pulked away foprom this for the entire holiday! 

The game got me into technology, and I now work in IT, so it had a lot to answer for.

working