jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you play an online game where you could make money?

1. MPChris profile image78
    MPChrisposted 7 years ago

Would you play an online game where you could make money?

Would you play an online game, if it was strategy based, massively multiplayer, and could earn money? Bear in mind that the same money that you earn would also be at risk during the game?

Think Risk...with chips.

2. TheOneWhoKnows profile image58
    TheOneWhoKnowsposted 7 years ago

Everyone would, but that's not possible because the creator would then pay members their earned money. But it's a good idea ;-)

3. profile image49
    AdrianCKposted 7 years ago

Well, you can make money on Second Life, which is a sort of MMO/Virtual reality simulation. There's also Entropia Universe which has a real cash economy.

I gave Second Life a try but couldn't get into it. Never played Entropia. I guess if its done right, it could work.

4. lmoynihan082 profile image61
    lmoynihan082posted 7 years ago

I would I didn't know you could make money from some online games I play smeet every now and again and the most you would earn are smeet coins which are not so useful in real life:(

5. chaunatye profile image60
    chaunatyeposted 7 years ago

Heck yeah I would!!
    When I played WoW I would say all the time how I wish I could get payed to play, I would have made millions!!

6. Killerham profile image52
    Killerhamposted 7 years ago

You actually can make lots of money playing a game called Entropia universe! Sadly, making money in this game would realistically involve a large initial investment.

In Entropia universe you can use real money to purchase PED's. You can use these PED's to invest in other business opportunities and later cash them out for real hard cash.

This is a little out of date, but here is the most expensive virtual item ever sold.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/105/1057786p1.html

7. 61MT profile image41
    61MTposted 7 years ago

If I didn't have to pay anything, and if it was a fun game, I would try it.

8. profile image58
    Baimezanposted 4 years ago

You can earn money from alot of games, but not through playing, but actually trading stuff. Team Fortress 2 is worth over 10 million dollars, but it's because the value the cosmetic items in it hold. Some cosmetic items have offers of 1300$, which is low.

working