jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I afraid in the dark

1. jomar amores uy profile image56
    jomar amores uyposted 6 years ago

I afraid in the dark

2. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

Just don't look under the bed. I think that's where the mosters live.

3. Artist-For-Hire profile image66
    Artist-For-Hireposted 6 years ago

Can I refer you to the very bottom of my hub where I have included links to info on dreams/nightmares. Hub is called "Cautionary Tales - Beware the Giant Snail"

I touch on the subject (down the bottom of the hub) of those who are prone to nightmares being more open and compassionate than those who have few and I also detail the delicate need to handle these problems delicately. I admire your honesty.

Does this fear stem from a childhood trauma/dream or a trauma you've suffered as an adult (maybe something as simple as moving cities or losing a friend)?How serious it? Does it interfere with your ability to go about your normal business after hours?

I think that to various degree's many adults fear being alone in the dark and I admire your honesty. I have three kids and a hubby that works nightshift...and I get edgy at times, I double check the doors are locked.

At some stage it will be easier for you to face this problem then to keep avoiding it. I would encourage you to google "confronting fears(or phobia's)" or similar term and learn as much as you can on the topic.

4. Sarah Masson profile image67
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

Plug a nightlight into your room so then it's not bright enough to keep you awake but not dark enough for you to be scared

5. skeeter747 profile image62
    skeeter747posted 6 years ago

i bet you don't go outside after 6 oclock . This was funny ! thanks for the morning laugh.