jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any thoughts or opinions on LA Noire?

1. ezhang profile image
    ezhangposted 6 years ago

Any thoughts or opinions on LA Noire?

It seems like there is a huge hype for the game. I'm hoping to get some opinions from people who've played it.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5069035_f260.jpg

2. Ari Lamstein profile image81
    Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago

What a wonderful question, Edward.

Yes, I have played LA Noire for about 10 hours and overall I highly recommend it.

The game pushes the genre of games as "interactive story" to new levels, largely because of their new facial animation technology.  They successfully built a game around this technology.  The central aspect of the game is around investigating crimes and questioning suspects.  As you question suspects, you watch their facial expressions and body language to determine whether or not they are lying.  This mechanic largely works and is a new and wonderful milestone in video gaming.

However, the game has limitations.  The interview process is essentially turn-based, as opposed not real time.  This limitation can become tiresome after a while.  Also, at this point I feel that the game has no over-arching story arch: rather, each investigation feels much like the last one.

There is much more to say about the game.  I hope to see some in depth Hubs about it!

3. The Odd Spartan profile image79
    The Odd Spartanposted 6 years ago

Ari pretty much summed the game up and I completely agree with him. I recently had to stop playing due to time restrictions but I did play a decent amount and I can honestly say that it is an exceptional game. If you get it you will not be disappointed.

4. Morrow66 profile image70
    Morrow66posted 6 years ago

Loved it and cant wait for a second one which I believe is in development. I would of liked to of seen more combat tho. And be able to draw my gun when I wish big_smile

5. MartyCT profile image58
    MartyCTposted 6 years ago

I was highly dissapointed, cases were eventually frustrating and just a chore, the ending was terrible.  Animations of the characters top knotch, but thats the only plus for me.

working