Have you ever gotten married to someone in an online game? How did it work out f

1. kd4rvb profile image60
    kd4rvbposted 6 years ago

Have you ever gotten married to someone in an online game? How did it work out for you?

2. profile image47
    Midnyte13posted 6 years ago

Yes, I role played marriage in a Text MuD a few years ago. It was fun and added to the role play for me. It can, however, be an issue depending upon your RL situation so if you are "attached", please inform and discuss the matter with your partner... especially if you expect it might become "intimate". I don't think it's worth ruining a relationship over unless you're ready to move on anyway.

Another matter to consider if the relationship might become intimate is the other person's age. You never know exactly how old the other player might be unless you already know them in RL. You wouldn't want to risk legal trouble for having some fun in a game only to find out the other person is a underage.

3. Mavhe Quijada profile image58
    Mavhe Quijadaposted 6 years ago

I used to play an online game before and yes, had tried marrying someone there. We did that for a purpose of leveling up our characters and we did not have any romantic feelings towards each other. Actually we became friends (online friends because we're not seeing each other personally). We share each other's experiences and we also talk about our love lives. I know who he loves and he does the same to me. It's good to know that even if you're not with your real friends, like, when you're on your room spending time on your computer, you still have friends to talk to.