Need tips and warning info about storage auction units.

1. djlittle74 profile image59
    djlittle74posted 6 years ago

Need tips and warning info about storage auction units.

My husband and I have been watching many reality tv shows about storage units being actioned. My favorite show being the AUCTION HUNTERS, with Allen Haff and Ton Jones. My husband says to me, that is something we should start doing. It's something that would interest me, but am concerned into trying. Knowing my luck, we buy a unit and it's worth nothing, because we can't find the right buyers. Any tips and warnings would be greatly appreciated.

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

My neighbor finances her volunteer work of trips to different countries by doing garage you might want to consider garage sales as well as advertising on ebay and craigslist. Just a thought.

3. possum lover profile image56
    possum loverposted 6 years ago

It's important to remember that you will need to have the entire unit cleared out by the close of the business day of the storage company. Take a broom, because it needs to be swept out as well. The reason for this is because if this is not done then you will be required to rent out the unit yourself. You don't need that extra unnecessary expense. Also make sure that your vehicle, preferably a truck of some sort, is big enough to haul everything in the unit off. I did this sort of thing years before it ever became popular on T.V., and it's nothing like all of the drama you see on television either. Good luck, and you might want to think about it.