jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which platform should I play Skyrim on?

1. plussize-lingerie profile image62
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

Which platform should I play Skyrim on?

PC, PS3 or Xbox 360 - I'm lucky enough to have all 3, but which best for this RPG?

2. TechGuy1989 profile image61
    TechGuy1989posted 6 years ago

If you have a strong enough PC to play max settings then I will always recommend that. The reasoning being that you get better graphics and RPG are better ported for keyboard and mouse.

3. SimeyC profile image95
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

A lot depends on how good your PC is! If you have a top of the range PC with at least 2GB graphics card, an intel pentium i7, 8GB DDR3 ram  and a fast hard drive then I'd suggest the PC - the graphics are by far better than the XBOX 360 or PS3 - if your PC is average I'd probably opt for the PS3 version - although there are extensive cheats for the PC version - so if you're not a great player :-) then I'd still go for the PC versioN!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I would also recommend the PC version, but not because of graphical power. I played Oblivion on less-than-perfect PCs and the reason it proved to be such a joy was because of the modding community. Users created such elaborate and detailed mods that it extended the game's life significantly. While it may be possible to incorporate mods on the PS3/Xbox 360, it would probably be more complicated. So, if you've got a rig that can handle it, go for the PC.

5. Ironman1992 profile image60
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I don't suggest you go with the PS3 one, because there are some issues right now. They have released patches, but they do not yet fix all of the problems for everyone.