Skyrim Players - Is there a way to rotate your inventory items in the PC version

1. Kyricus profile image61
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

Skyrim Players - Is there a way to rotate your inventory items in the PC version?

I know how to pick an item up but I can't find a way to rotate it. It was pretty simple in Morrowind and not that tough in Oblivion, but I'll be darned if I can find a way in Skyrim. It's making placing that "Bee in a Jar" awfully tough.

2. j-u-i-c-e profile image93
    j-u-i-c-eposted 5 years ago

Well, I've never done the "Bee in a Jar" quest (or whatever it is) but you can rotate objects in your inventory by selecting the object from the list on the left and then clicking on the image of the object that shows up on the right. By holding down the left button and dragging the mouse you can rotate it around.

But I'm guessing you mean rotating objects outside of the inventory menu in the game world. You can rotate objects by picking them up in first person (hold 'E') and then moving the camera around. It's not an exact science, but if you move to the left, objects tend to rotate one way, if you move the right, they rotate the other way, etc. If the task is to get a bee into a jar by rotating it in the game world, I imagine it's a little tricky.

3. Kyricus profile image61
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

Thanks Juice - The Bee in a Jar isn't actually a quest, it's really a Bee in a Jar. Just a decorative item you can place in your home.  But I can't get it to stand upright on a shelf because I can't rotate it in game when holding it. I can kind of run it up against a table then drag it over top and get it to stand..upside down. But that's about it.

I've searched the net and found a lot of people with this problem. Oh well. Thanks for taking the time to answer,

working