What song would you choose for karaoke? Why? Do you put on a good show or are yo

1. amberlybites profile image75
    amberlybitesposted 6 years ago

What song would you choose for karaoke? Why? Do you put on a good show or are you super minimalist?

2. SopranoRocks profile image59
    SopranoRocksposted 6 years ago

I have 10 to 20 songs I choose from regularly, depending on the playlist available.  I usually choose from those and get in 4 or 5 a night around here.  I try to attempt new ones now and then, but never a song I haven't heard.  Most people around here sing country; I never do so I am unique.  I like to think I put on a good show and seem to get a ton of applause; could be because very few in this rural area can hold a note.  But to me karaoke is fun to sing as listen/watch, even if no one can sing.  When I was in college my friends and I went to karaoke at least twice a week.  Where I live now, I am lucky to find it once a week.  I miss it!   My favorite artists to sing are Heart, Celine Dion, Melissa Etheridge, Pat Benetar, Journey, Evanescence, Lisa Loeb (especially Stay), Mandy Moore (especially Only Hope), Alanna Myles (Black Velvet), Quarterflash (Harden My Heart). I also love songs from musicals but not many of those go over well here. I try some goofy ones on and off too, just for fun.

working