jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best song to sing for karaoke, especially if you want to get a whole

1. Lalulinho profile image77
    Lalulinhoposted 7 years ago

What is the best song to sing for karaoke, especially if you want to get a whole bar to sing along?

2. profile image0
    Alissa Margaretposted 7 years ago

It might depend on where you are but when I've gone to a karaoke bar "Sweet Caroline" and "Don't Stop Believing" where some crowd hits.

3. starvagrant profile image74
    starvagrantposted 7 years ago

How about "Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity" by Type O Negative? (joking) "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show always seemed to get my group singing.

4. Veianet profile image60
    Veianetposted 7 years ago

Alphabet song or happy birthday song maybe?

5. ParadoxDusk profile image58
    ParadoxDuskposted 7 years ago

Having been a karaoke enthusiast for some years I have found the best choices are the songs that garner the most audience participation or the talent of the singer just moves the crowd. I would suggest songs like "Sweet Caroline" which has been previously noted. I may be inclined to include notables like "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe. My best suggestion is feel out the crowd you are given and take it from there. For instance, I come from an area where country and old rock and roll seem to be the most appealing to audiences. Therefore, you may gather why I suggest the two songs I previously mentioned. I happen to believe you will find crowd pleasers from every genre. Only singing karaoke can a person get away with doing Vanilla Ice and have the people love it! LOL

working