jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is minecraft? I know it's a videogame. but whats the point? How do you win?

1. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

What is minecraft? I know it's a videogame. but whats the point? How do you win?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I haven't played Minecraft, but here's what I've learned about it. You start the game with nothing but a few tools and the clothes on your back. During the day you are free to cut down trees, mine ore, and gather any other type of building material you think you might need. At night, creepers come out (similar to zombies) and try to kill you. So the object is to build a shelter for yourself to keep safe at night. Technically a small shack with four walls and a door would be sufficient, but since you have a giant world to mine materials from, it becomes desirable to build something a little bit more extravagant. Due to the simple nature of the game (everything is cube shaped) and the wealth of different materials one can craft (wood, stone, glass etc.) building a sprawling metropolis is not only encouraged, it's addicting. While there really isn't any way to 'win' the game, the object is to build anything and everything your imagination can come up with. I know that the game has more objectives than this, but that's the gist of it.

3. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

So there really is no point to it. Thanks M.T. My nephew is obsessed with youtube videos showing minecraft gameplay.

4. lucasjmoore profile image61
    lucasjmooreposted 6 years ago

Hi, i'm a minecrafter (player).

So basically it depends on how you play the game.
    There are three modes; survival, creative, hardcore.

Basically the main goal is complete all the achievements and survive. You start with nothing, no instructions and learn from there/look for "recipes" on how to make things.
       Example: Punch a Tree to get a wood block, craft 1 wood blocks into 4 planks, you can then craft 4 planks into a crafting table. This gives you a 3x3 crafting grid instead of the 2x2 one that's built into your character. 2 planks on top of each other crafts into sticks. One stick with 2 planks with on top of it gives you a sword.

If it sounds confusing, well it really isn't just takes a bit to get use to. 

That's basically survival mode, Hardcore mode is survival mode but you only have 1 life.

Creative mode allows you to build stuff. The whole world is basically a sand box styled came, go where you want, do what you want, build what you want.

5. sm825 profile image60
    sm825posted 5 years ago

In my opinion I enjoy building stuff such as mansions, castles, volcano's, and other types of structures as well. I only play survivor mode when I am playing with other people. There is no end to the game I do not count the enderdragon, since I never fight it.

working