jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Timeless Toys Every Kid Should Have?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

Timeless Toys Every Kid Should Have?

2. services4all profile image59
    services4allposted 6 years ago

yes, By my opinion it should have so that kids can enjoy.

3. cashmere profile image84
    cashmereposted 6 years ago

Timeless toys that every kid should have. Some old classics, some family favorites, some educational musts... read more

4. cookies4breakfast profile image58
    cookies4breakfastposted 6 years ago

Well, I know what my favorites were--a wagon, a ball, a hula hoop, a jump rope, and Lincoln Logs.  The first four are important because they bring kids OUTSIDE to play.  And, who doesn't love Lincoln Logs??  I do think Lincoln Logs stimulate creativity in children.  I loved my Barbies, too, but I realize they aren't for everyone.

5. Polly C profile image89
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

Lego - it has already been voted the top toy of all time and its popularity has only increased.  It is the versatility that makes it so great, being only as limited as the imagination of the child.  The world of Playmobil is also timeless - I had my own collection a a child and today my own kids love it just as much. It's good quality as well, and so can last more than one generation.

Also, I think every child should have a bike or a scooter - it gets them active and they are indeed timeless.  The simple toys that have been around for generations are hard to beat.

There are many other timeless toys or course, but I have just mentioned the first that spring to mind and which are enjoyed by my own children just as much as they were by me.

Toys that are not timeless are those which have limited play value and which are related to passing fads, especially current movie merchandise and characters from tv programmes which will not have staying power for the future.

6. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 6 years ago

A yoyo is awesome because it's a skill toy. Crayons, marbles, action figures and dolls, basketballs, baseballs, anything that can get them active and outdoors is nice. Classic board games like Candy Land and Monopoly are great as well.

7. racksjackson profile image59
    racksjacksonposted 6 years ago

Now A Days, There are many variety of toys available in the market which has low and affordable cost . I like Chinese toys because they are chep and my child always happy with these type of toys.

8. i scribble profile image81
    i scribbleposted 6 years ago

I agree with Cookies for Breakfast on 2 points. First, I agree that cookies are great for breakfast.  Also, I would choose Barbie for girls as a great timeless toy. I still have my entire collection.  I don't really care for all the unwholesome Barbie substitutes vying for the 'tween market today, like Bratz, monster fashion dolls, etc.